Dear Diary ➤ Part 42

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

Evie paced the hospital hallway worriedly. She held on to the cup of coffee she had no intention of drinking as her eyes kept darting to the hospital room door that refused to open.

"I-I don't get it. How could we have let this happen... how could I have let this happen...." Carlos sat back in the chair, drowning in his own misery of guilt, feeling the same personally as most waiting on Mal's update felt.

How could they have let her get that far? That far? Were they too judgmental of her past character? Did they take their reactions too far?

"Mal deals with her demons different from us. I put mines into sports, Evie hides from hers and Carlos lets his make him vulnerable. Mal..." Jay's sentence traced off, not knowing where he was going with it. Mal put hers into her art, but he hadn't seen a single piece of artwork from the purple head in months.

This made him worry with guilt even more.

"What? Jay, what do you know? What?" Evie rushed to his side, yanking his arm wanting to know the conclusion he put together. Jay's eyes refused to leave the hospital's tile floor.

"If Mal hid from her demons through her art and stopped... that means she finally faced them.... by herself...." his voice broke.

Emotions of guilt came to his mind like the waves meeting the land. They came to him, soaked his entire being and helped him to understand the entire situation. Silence fell over them; Jane now also being filled with guilt.

"And she had none of us... we all turned on her... we... how did we let this happen? Why did we let this happen? Mal......" and nothing made the situation more serious than Jay, for the first time, let a tear slip out of his eye.

Out of complete silence a cry arose. Out of complete reverence the things of the world stilled to listen. Like a budding flower it started. Slow and gentle but it rose to a wail that tore at Evie's heart; tens of thousands of voices crying out together in total sorrow.

They failed her. They all failed her.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠