Beam in the city

"Beam's POV"

I heard my mom say, "Beam honey, close your mouth."

I was seated at the passenger side of our family car. My dad, looking tired with deep eyebugs and forehead creases, was sitted infront of the wheels. While mom was on the backseat comfortably positioning herself with a neck pillow. Looking at them, I can't identify who really is the sick one. Dad looks more wasted than mom if you ask me.

Then I heard my mom calling again, "Beam honey stay still. *cough *cough Dad is going to get dizzy with you."

"Its okay Ma, let Beam enjoy the view. Its his first time here in the city." Dad replied then smiled at me.

We have been driving endlessly for more than four hours i think when we arrived the big city. I  could not stop myself from looking on my left, then on my right and front and back. Not even daring to blink for a second. I was mesmerized with the view.

'So this is what the city looks like' I said to myself. I am 8 years old and yes, I did have an idea of a city. My favorite anime series lives in a city and I always see it in the TV when dad watches the evening news. But this is way too cool upclose and personal! I can see towering buildings one after another, skyways, public transportation, and even traffic! Its my first time being stucked in traffic. There are lots of cars in different models and colors.

I freed myself from the seatbelt so I can dive my nose on the car's window glass. I see giant billboards and ads.
'OMG! Thats a huge screen. I bet it wouldn't even fit in our house in the province.' I thought to myself. The city streets are bustling with people. Everybody looks busy. I saw a group of teenage girls probably on their way to school, men wearing coat and tie, and women on heels and grown ups rushing to the subway.

 I saw a group of teenage girls probably on their way to school, men wearing coat and tie, and women on heels and grown ups rushing to the subway

Mom gestured and pat the seat right next to her. She is telling me to sit beside her. I obliged without hesitation and jumped my way to the backseat and rest my head in her lap. She started to swirl her fingers at my back. She always do this to calm me down. She new that I was beyond hype after seeing the new surrounding. For a moment i felt like i was being lulled to sleep. Then i heard my dad speak.

"Beam. What do you think of your new environment?" My dad asked curiously.

"Aren't you excited or what?" He added.

I opened my eyes and nod.
"hm-hmmm" Actually I did not know what to answer him. I am still perplexed with what has happened.

One month ago