Strike Two

“Forth’s POV”

Phana and I decided to go to the nearest bar from our hotel. The ice cold beer and loud music worked its way to my head. It somehow did help me to loosen up my temper after seeing Beam enjoying himself living luxuriously in some other guy’s house. The face of Torn was still fresh from my thoughts; the way how he winked at me that moment when he saw me tailing them up to the penthouse. It’s as if he was challenging me on a fight to whoever can makes Beam happier. I gulped until the last drop from my third beer bottle.

“Hey Forth! I brought you here to clear your mind, not for me to bring home a drunkard. Take it easy with the booze.”

“Easy for you to say Mr. Perfect.”

“Before I go on telling you what I think, why don’t you tell me first the reason why you’re such in a bitter state.” Phana was curious.

I told Phana everything about Torn and the place where they are currently staying, my fist still clenched and teeth gritting. He’s a bit shocked though. I thought he knew already since the three of them were unseparable.

“God damn those two assholes! Enjoying such leisure without me.” Now Phana is the one with a clenched fist.

“Pha! That’s not my point!”

“Yeah, I get you. Sorry, I was a bit carried away. But you know that really sounds fun. When we get back to the university, I’ll make sure to get back on those brats for leaving me behind.”

Two local girls from the bar who were already eyeing us the moment we arrived at the place came to our table. They were both asking if we had company for the night. It was surely enticing to have girls with us at that time to relieve some frustration but I was not in the mood. I had to do something first about my current situation with Beam. In the end, Phana and I had to decline them both.

We cheered with our next bottle and continued our conversation.

“What the heck Pha! What you said to me back in the hotel, what did you mean by that?”

“Forth, how sure are you that Beam really loves you?”

“Of course he does. What a stupid question. Why would you ask such nonsense? Not unless.. Don’t tell me you have feelings for my Beam!?” My eyes grew wide just the thought of it.

“Fuck off! He’s not yours, so don’t call him my Beam.”

“Phana! Do you like Beam?” My heart began thumping wildly

“I once did.” Phana answered firmly with his head lowered.

What? I stood up and crossed the table to grab him from the collar. I threw a punch but he was swift to dodge. The strings that were keeping me insane broke that instant. People from the club who saw us all freaked out.