My Love Rival

"Beam's POV"

Kit has been pestering me the whole afternoon. He's been convincing me to agree on staying in Torn's penthouse while our friends are doing the three days beach photo shoot.

We accidentally met Torn while searching for a place to stay. He was apparently our schoolmate, also the school paper editor and one of the official photographers of this event as well. We were indeed shocked to find out that his family owns the luxury hotel near where everyone was staying. He offered his place to us for free.We got to experience how it felt to stay in a place made exclusively for a king.

I was tempted at first by the leisure and the delicious food but it just was not right. I have said it a lot of times, us living there will bring us to no good. Once Phana or Forth, especially Forth knew about it, it will be the end of us. I already told Kit about the possible consequences we may encounter once the other knew we were there.

That night I went early to bed since Forth and I have planned to explore the place tomorrow early morning

That night I went early to bed since Forth and I have planned to explore the place tomorrow early morning. I was still reflecting gravely on our decision to stay on the penthouse. I could not win against Kit when he decides onto something. He's just that persistent. And of course since we are best friends, I could not just leave him behind. I crossed my finger and hope that neither of the two boys on the other hotel will know that we ended up staying on some other guys place.

We got to stay in the guestroom of the pent house. Kit was still at the theater room watching movies with Torn. I was getting lulled to sleep when Kit shouted from behind the door.

"Beam! You slouch! Wake up! Torn and I are going to drink." His voice sounded like thunder waking up all my senses.

"I can't! I promised Forth to spend time with him tomorrow." I shouted.

I was not able to go back to sleep after that. Those two boys were making ruckus outside the room. I can hear them laughing out loud like kids who share the same interest. It has been hours since they started. I can't sleep with the entire racket.

Then I heard glass breaking. My heart skipped a beat so I ran towards the door to check what has happened. Both of them were restless and drunk. They were dancing like Indians. It was Kit who accidentally tipped over the bottle of liquor that they were drinking. A maid came in minutes after torn called on the phone to clean the mess.

"Huh! It looks like we don't have any drinks left." Torn complained.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Kit asked.