Nothing Compares to You

"Forth's POV"

I came home after class and saw my mom looking all sulky. She looked bored and tired, like all her life force had gone down the drain. When she saw me, she sighed heavily.

"Mom. What kind of face is that? You look like an impotent gorilla." I cracked her a joke.

She stood from her seat and act like she was about to pounce me. Then she sat again and ignored my presence.

If this was not my mom, I probably have left her. But knowing her personality, I knew she needed something. She's just waiting for me to notice it.

"Ok.. spit it out. What do you want?" I told her.

"Oww.. Forth. Nothing in this house makes me wanna live here anymore." And there she goes again with her over exagerated expressions.

"Then what makes you wanna live in our house?" I told her just to make her feel better.

"Uhhmmm.. maybe if I'll get a son as cute as Beam, my life would be a lot happier. I wont be feeling lonely and misserable anymore. I'll feed him with all his favorite foods and hug him all day and kiss him and play with him and boast him to all my friends in the spa or in the office." She is now happily daydreaming.

"Say Forth. Why don't you borrow Beam from his aunt tomorrow? You can tell her that we will bring him back before 8 p.m." Mom thought of a wonderful idea.

"Mom. Why don't you just wait until thursday. Her aunt will be here for my tutorial and Beam will also be here for sure." But the truth is I am also dying to see Beam, I just didn't want mom to notice.

Mom's idea was brilliant. Why did I never thought of that. I can ask tutor Lyn to leave Beam to our care every after class. It's a win-win situation for all of us. Mom and I can enjoy Beam's presence while tutor Lyn can focus more on her part time jobs and at the same time we can feed Beam so he won't look pale and thin, like how he is now.

Mom is sulking again and started acting like a kid who lost her lollipop.

"Mm-hmm.. okay fine! I'll see what I can do. Stop making that face." I told her pretending that I didn't care at all.

" I told her pretending that I didn't care at all