Wolf Cry

“Forth’s POV”

My heart races wildly and my breathing gets uneasy as I read all the messages from Beam’s friends. As soon as I can, I head my way to the hospital not knowing what was waiting for me. The fear of losing Beam was clearly visible to my face. My body drained of all the color with eyes wide open from shock. My forehead drips of cold sweat as I tell the cab driver with shaken voice to fasten his pace.

I clasp both my hands tightly to stop them from trembling. The ten minute drive to the hospital was taking like forever. All horrible thoughts had played in my mind as I do nothing but sit on the passenger side.

My phone suddenly rings. It is Kit who’s calling. My fingers are shaking so bad, I could not tap the answer button. Not knowing what to expect is enough to kill me at the moment. Something inside me doesn’t want to answer the call. I hold my breath and cross my fingers as I talk to Kit. He tells me brief information they got so far.

According to the emergency doctors whom they asked, Beam was rushed to the university hospital at around 2 a.m. Upon arrival, he was already unconscious, barely breathing and no appreciable pulse. His clothes were soaked wet and drenched with his own blood. Aside from the severe bruises all over his body, a gaping wound at the back of his head and a gunshot wound on his back threatened his life. He was immediately hooked to an IV line and a tube was inserted to his right chest to evacuate the bleeding.

Currently, Beam is in the operating room to remove the bullet. No matter how I react on the phone or cringe in my seat, nobody can assure me that he’s going to be okay. Kit and Phana are still waiting for information from the police regarding the incident. So far, one thing was clear; Beam was hurt and I was not there to protect him.

The heavy feeling starts to sink in as I go down the cab in front of the hospital lobby

The heavy feeling starts to sink in as I go down the cab in front of the hospital lobby. The uncertainty whether Beam was still alive or not left me dragging my feet as I head towards the operating room. At the waiting area, I can see several men in police uniform interviewing two of Beam’s closest friends. Belle was also there together with Torn.

My mind suddenly snaps and pressure fills my head as I see Torn’s face. I rush towards him and punch him hard in the face. The nurses on duty freaked out at the scene. I was about to give him another blow on the gut but I was pinned down by two officers. What pumped me more to my breaking point is when I heard that he is the one who brought Beam to the hospital.

Did he plan all of this? What did Beam ever do to him? My rage was beyond control as I try to resist and pull Torn down with me. My eyes were blazing with anger as I curse loudly. Patients were already getting out of their rooms wondering what the commotion was all about.

Phana and Kit apologetically dock their heads to the hospital staffs as they pull me to the fire exit.

“Forth! Calm down.” Kit pushed me behind the exit door with his small frame.