Strike one

“Forth’s POV”

This is a wasted moment for me and Beam. I should have done something to make him stay with me in one room. It ends up that I will be staying with Phana.

We got to our shared room and unpacked our stuffs. Phana went in for a quick shower while I prepared my clothes for the photoshoot. I was still worried about Beam. I wish they got a decent place to stay and hoped that it was somewhere nearby. While rummaging my things, I opened the insulated container that I brought. It was full of Beam’s favorite food that I diligently prepared. I woke up earlier this morning not only because I was excited, but also it will be my first time in the beach with Beam. I was imagining us enjoying our lunch on a picnic mat by the shore under a giant umbrella. I bet he’s hungry right now. I can’t wait to tell him about the foods I packed for him and so I called his phone.

“Beam. Where are you? Have you found a place to stay? Let’s have lunch together.”

“Uhhh.. Forth. I’ll have lunch with Kit. We still have to unpack our things. I’ll catch up later.” He answered then ended the call instantly.

What was that? Was he in a hurry? I was not expecting that answer. I thought he would be thrilled. I haven’t detailed to him yet the food that I cooked but then I was already rejected.

This is such a bum day! I dropped dead on my bed and sighed heavily. I wanted to curse so badly. Everything I planned for this day with Beam was ruined.

“What’s with the long face?” Phana came out fresh from his shower

“Uhhh.. It’s nothing.” I answered in complete defeat.

“Then hurry up and take your shower so we can still have time to eat something before we start the shoot.”

I looked at him boringly then passed the meals I brought for Beam.

“Here you can have this all. I’m not hungry.” I passed him the food and slumped back to bed.

“Wow! Everything here looks delicious. I bet you made all these for Beam. Isn’t he joining us for lunch?”

Phana is so nosy. I wish he just stuff everything in his mouth. I was not in the mood for a conversation right now.

"Hey Forth? Speaking of Beam. I think I should tell you something that I have been noticing." Phana spoke.

"What's this about Pha?" Now he's got my attention.

"Guys! We have less than an hour. Hurry up and meet everyone at the beach front." A voice came from outside our door.

"Don't mind me. It's nothing important. We can talk about it tonight. For now, we need to get going." Phana shrug off his toughts.

I grabbed my towel and locked myself in the bathroom. Better plan something before this day ends.