The Wolf Brothers

"Beam's POV"

"Can you be my mom's birthday present?" He asked. But it felt more like a command than a request.

I don't know him at all. And I don't know what in the world he's saying. How can I be someone's birthday present?
He's totally creeping me out.

I checked my watch. It was already 5:30pm. No wonder it's getting dark.

A part of me did want to help him. Since its his mom's birthday today (mothers are my weakness) and he lost his savings from those bullies, I felt sorry for him. But I must get home before Aunt Lyn arrives.

I was about to say no to him, when I looked him in the eyes.

"Uhhmm.. o-ok..ay.." I said the opposite. Those stares were sincere and pleading but they looked familiar to me. I've seen them in the forest. Those were the eyes a hungry wolf. His stares were speaking to me, 'try to disagree and you will be my dinner.' Something like that.

It happened last year

I frequently escape our house back in the province, to feed a family of rabbits in the forest. My parents strictly forbid me to go there alone by myself, since wild animals lurks that grounds. I was a kid and I was hard headed. One time I came across a wolf. Thinking that it was a gentle dog, I approached it. I took out some carrots sticks and lettuce leaves from my pockets to feed it. Then it suddenly jumped over me and just when its fangs where inches away from my neck, I heard a gunshot.

The wolf laid on top of me, bleeding and struggling. I saw my dad as he pulled me out and hugged me to death. He was crying while I was trembling.

It happened very fast. In a split second I was at the brink of death, another second I was alive and under my dads protection. I looked at the wolf that attacked me while being embraced by dad. It was no longer moving but its eyes were still staring at me. Those eyes where emotionless but had an intent to kill.

Now, the same eyes where infront of me. This boy is dead serious. How can I say no?

"Oy!! Kid! Did i hear that right? You ok with it?" He said, breaking the flashback in my head.

"Ok. But lets make it quick. Bring me back to our house before 8." My aunt Lyn arrives around that time. And saying no to him was not an option that time.

"No worries. I'll just show show you to my mother then bring you back." He smiled widely.

"Come on our house' this way" He pulled me, but then he fell, knees first on the pavement."

He was holding my hand, so i was also pulled down and hit my butt on the floor.

"Are you ok?" I ask him while rubbing my bottom.

"My legs are numb. They must have tied me tightly." He was still smiling even though he's hurt. Weird wolf boy.

Was it because I agreed to his request?