Turning Tables

“Forth’s POV”

It was dusk when Beam and I hit the beach. The second day of the photo shoot was about to start. Phana and the rest of the contestants were already there. The lights and cameras were already set. I came prepared with my beach hunk look, topless and was only wearing board shorts.

The strenuous training I did for the competition paid off. My muscles have buffed even more and I did gain some weight after doing an all protein diet. Beam however was fully wrapped with a turtle neck sweater. It looks uncomfortable and sweaty the way he wears it.

“Hey Beam. Why are you wrapped up like that? We are at the beach. Shouldn’t you be wearing something more light and airy?”

“Damn you! How am I supposed to go out with all the hickeys you left all over my body.”

I was laughing secretly. He’s pouting and complaining about his situation but still latched on to me like a kid who’s afraid to get lost in a sea of people.  Right from the moment we left the hotel room, he has been clinging to my arm. Now this is something I don’t get to see my boyfriend do so often. I wonder what has happened.

Phana and Kit saw us arriving, both of them with twisted faces. They looked at each other questioningly. They must be wondering what was wrong with Beam. I too have the same questions in my head.

Pha pulled me far away while Kit stayed alongside Beam. Beam tugged my arm never wanting to let go but Phana pushed his face away. Once we set a distance, he started interrogating.

“What is wrong with Beam? Why is he all over you all of a sudden?” Phana asked.

“I don’t know either. He’s been acting weird all day. I tried being cold to him this morning but I haven’t been successful so far. Right after you leave the room, he did all sorts of wifey stuffs. He fed me breakfast and slept beside me and kissed me out of the blue.”

“Is that all?” Phana was looking straight at the purplish red kiss mark on my neck.

“Yeah, and that stuff too. Hehe.” I scratched my head in embarrassment.

Phana wrapped his arm around my neck and hit me several times in the head

Phana wrapped his arm around my neck and hit me several times in the head. I feel like he’s getting jealous over me.

“Pha! What are you doing? Why are you hitting Forth?” Beam came running towards me when he saw me getting beated.

The photo shoot started. Fucking annoying Torn was my photographer. He’s been smiling at Beam the whole time. Believe me, if I was not trying to get right with the Lord, I might have throat punch him at that very moment. He’s been telling me to strike poses, flex your arm, look here, look there, don’t smile, sit, jump, and play dead. He was still not convinced. It’s as if he was just toying around with me making me look like an idiot.

Most of the participants are done with their shoot and have packed up already. Few people were left including the doctor gang. During the whole shoot Beam never left. His eyes fixed at me while frantically biting his nails. What is he getting so worked up for?