Chapter 1: The Ride to Work

"Good morning!"

*grunt*

"Good morning."

"Ready for work?"

Sigh

"Not really."

"Awwwww! Why not?"

"I have to deal with him today. I just want to get my work done and leave. Maybe get a drink later on to forget the day."

"It's a miracle he hasn't banned alcohol yet."

"He does and I'll be an even bigger pain in his ass. Just watch, he'll put me in solitary at the Beach faster than you can look in your mirror."

"I question why he didn't the last time. That statue cost a lot of money to repair and you only got a month in solitary for it."

"It was an accident. My visor shut off at the time and I couldn't see so..."

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Leave the city without authorization. I know you too well to know when you're about to do something rash and that was pretty rash."

"I want to see him again." A sigh could be heard. "I miss him so much, you know? I miss being able to talk to him, to hug him, to hand him a cola, or even go on adventures with him. Did you know that I didn't have a chance to see him when I woke up? Three years is too long not see him again."

A grunt then another sigh could be heard.

"Now I have to deal with this asshole just to get a chance that will rarely come."

"You can always ask for access again. I'm sure he'll-"

"He's not going to."

"How do you know? He could if you give him a chance. Just try-"

"I did, remember? You're always there at the meetings and see me getting rejected over and over. I even said I would go with someone but, I still get rejected. He doesn't even look at me when he rejects my requests! That smug asshole!"

"Tom, calm down...."

"Matt, can you turn on the radio, please? I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Fine, Tom."

Silence, just like the music, filled the air between the two men as they drove to work. Whenever the radio was turned on, it was a go-to stop on any conversation. It wasn't surprising either when it came to conversations about friends. The ginger haired man looked over to his visor wearing friend who was looking outside the car.

 His spiked brown hair was slicked back. His piercings was in the right place and the right amount today. Normally, the guy would be rebellious and add more to piss off their boss, who would force him to remove them down to the right amount. He was wearing a white checkerboard tie with his dark blue almost navy blue dress shirt that he rolled up the sleeves on. Funny is that he has summer uniforms but, didn't wear one today.

The brunette didn't noticed the observation but, could feel eyes on him. He tugged at his dark gray vest and soon, his charcoal gray sort of black slacks. He didn't care if his partner in crime would look at him but, it was sometimes unnerving. It was as if he was making sure he was appropriate for work. He didn't like his asshole of a boss but, he also didn't like looking bad either. It was a job after all.

If it wasn't for the fact that they flew into the city quickly, the silence would have drove them both crazy by now. They should have been used to the routine. It's been two years since they been working for the Red Army. Three maybe four if you added in the hospital stay and surgeries.