Chapter 10: Learning About Each Other

Tom's POV

I woke up later in the day to a slightly dark room. I felt a little less hot but still warm. I also noticed that I was in a metal tub full of ice water lined with towels. Before I could say anything, I heard a familiar voice.

"Thomas?"

I kept silent as the man spoke again.

"Tom, I know that you're awoke. Do reply before I come over there."

"Fine, fine, I'm up." I was about to get out of the tub when I heard the person speak again.

"I suggest you grab a towel before getting up. You had to be stripped and placed in that tub."

I didn't realize I was naked. I thought they had tossed me in here with some cloth covering my body. I scanned around until I found a dry towel and covered myself while I slipped out of the tub. I took my clothes and found Tord's private bathroom to change in.

I was embarrassed by the whole thing! I was in heat in front of Tord and Matt. I even took off my shirt in front of both of them. The worse part of it all was that I was doing a mating call to the man who rubbed my back...Wait, who was the man who was rubbing my back? It had to be a man because the only woman who was in the office was the driver and she was wearing a skirt with leggings. The person who was rubbing my back like that was wearing combat boots, black pants and a red belt. I thought caught a glimpse of a red shirt or at least a red sweater.

Come to think of it, where was Tord? While this was happening in his office, he didn't say a word. What was weird was the last thing the person who was near me said or thought,

'I want you too, min søte.'

I dropped my shirt when I thought about it. The one person I know who would say a sentence with both English and Norwegian was Tord. Was he the one who was touching my back like that? Was he the one who injected me with that liquid? Was he...

I turned red at the thought of Tord helping to get me naked. It was unlike him to do this much for me. I felt my temperature rising again. That was when I picked up my shirt and headed back into the office. He was sitting there without his eye patch on. Instead, he was wearing a pair of glasses while looking over something on the tablet in front of him. His over coat was on the back of his chair as his red turtleneck sweater kept him warm. He looked over at me and got up before I can say anything. Before I had time to react, I felt a familiar hand on my back. I arched my back towards the hand. It was calming to say the least. The hand explored my back once again and I let it. I even started to give a low purr to the touch. The hand then moved up to the back of my neck where it grabbed my hair. I winced a little while exposing my neck to the attacker.

"Well, well, well. I'm learning more about you every day, my dear Thomas." I wanted to growl at him but, he tugged harder. I heard a sound of ouch coming from Tord. I saw him holding a bloody hand with an angry, pained expression across his face. He went into his bathroom to take care of the hand. I wasted no time throwing on my shirt and trying to unlock the door.

"Thomas." The voice was low and commanding as if it was to strike fear into people. My body froze at the thought of what's going to happen if I don't run.

Before I could move, an arm slipped around me.

"Don't leave yet." A voice whispered into my ear. This is too weird!

"Now, you can leave." The voice said again after five minutes.

When I left, there was no one in the office. I looked over to Tord who was no longer touching my waist but, now my arm.

"Come on." He rushed me to the back of the large office area. I mostly stayed to the front so that I can get home quickly. We both ended up near a second elevator and the kitchen. I decided to make a mental note about the coffee machine in there so that I can stop buying coffee so much.

He pushed me into the elevator and pushed the first floor button. I stood inches away from him in hopes he didn't noticed. The smell of smoke, wood, and cherry was getting to me. I wanted to collapse then and there because the smell was strong. He held out his arm to prevent me from falling.

When we both heard a ding, he grabbed my hand and rushed me out the door to a cherry red sports car with black tinted windows. He opened my side of the car and pushed me in before getting into his side. I didn't realize he had his own car. He buckled me in first before I could and then buckled himself in. It was like he was trying to get me home quickly for some reason. I sighed and looked out the window.

"What's the rush?" I said. I noticed he was speeding a little.

"No reason. I usually try to get home to look over some things." He replied.

"You know I could've taken a taxi home."I sighed. It's not like I needed a ride from him.

"I already had this planned. Don't worry about it and relax. Besides, you're probably still a little tired." He glanced over at me before turning his eyes back to the road. 

"I'm both hot and tired." Without realizing it, I started to make noises a little. I knew he caught it because I felt his robotic hand on mine.

"I'll have the lab improve on the drug you use to control this. You need to stay here in Norway." 

"Why Tord? Why do this all this for me?" My voice rose a little. This was unlike him. What did he really know about me? I felt his hand squeeze mine. I looked over to see a small blush on his face. Does he like me? Well, he does look handsome for an evil ruler.

Wait...What the hell am I saying?! I can't fall for him....Can I? My body started to give at the question. I felt so relaxed in his car that I didn't notice him looking at me. As I slowly drifted off to sleep I heard his thoughts and one popped out to me.

'Jeg elsker deg Tom.'

Without realizing it, I had replied. "Jeg elsker deg også Tord."

I didn't hear Tord's reply as I started to fall asleep. 

A/N

Normally I have something but I got nothing. 

Oh both of them say I love you to each other in Norsk or Norwegian. I should put a backstory on how Tom learned to say it but, maybe in later chapters. 

Also, should I keep to one chapter a day or just post all of them at once and just add the chapter when it's done? It would make the story interesting either way.