Chapter 18: Ask Me Again (AKA Going to The Beach)

Tom's POV

As I finished jamming out with Tord, I saw where he was taking me. I looked at The Beach with wide eyes. He was on the phone talking to my probation officer and informing them that I was with him and that my house arrest was over. I felt the bracelet fall off my ankle without a problem. He looked at me with a smile and I looked away from him. I didn't want him to see the tears in my eyes. I was finally going to see Edd on top of no longer having to be under house arrest.

The minute he pulled up, he pulled out his ID so that we can go see him. I felt him hold my hand when we drove in. I had a feeling he knew I was scared a little. I haven't seen my best friend in years. I wanted to hop out of this car, run to the door, fling them open and find Edd. I wanted to hug him, to see him again before he was moved away. Tord squeezed my hand before giving me a smile. It was sweet smile that I know was legit.

The minute the car was parked, I hopped out quickly. I felt like a kid going to the mall for Christmas, even though I don't celebrate it.

"Calm down min kjærlighet." Tord yelled. He wasn't going to let me get into trouble while I was here.

"Alright fine, min søte." I replied. I wished I had my camera because the look on Tord's face was priceless. I swear, if he didn't calm down himself, our cover would be blown. I mean if we had a cover...Did we?

He took me down to the processing room and showed him his ID so that the process would go faster. He wanted a private room so that I can have time with Edd alone while he watched. I was so happy that I started to chirp at him. As if I was tell him how I felt. He blushed then smiled at the look on my face. He ruffled my hair and almost gave me a peck on my forehead until he saw Edd come in.

I opened the door to meet Edd who had a shocked look on his face. He ran to hug me tightly as if I was going to melt in his arms. I returned the hug and nearly cried. My sane face in this insane world, my sanity as I called him. I wish Matt was here so that we can all have a chat together like old times. I sat opposite of him so that I can have a one on one. Tord left before Edd could see him and I was happy about that. I wanted to talk to him alone.

"Tom, it's good to see you!" I could see the tears in his eyes.

"It's good to see you too, my friend." I smiled. He was real. He wasn't a thought anymore.

"I see you have something to see with." He was worried about me not seeing anymore.

"Yeah..." I almost looked away.

"Let me guess, Tord or Red Leader made those for you?" I could hear it in his voice. He was concerned about him all this time.

"I woke up to him making a deal. I wanted to see you again so, I made a deal with him." I felt like crap. I caved and made a deal with a man who had put Edd in jail for little reason.

"If I was in your position, I would've done the same." He smiled again. 

"Did you know you're a grandpa? Ringo gave birth to kittens!" I tried to change the subject.

"My baby is a mama now?!" He wanted to hug me again. I let him for old time's sake.

"This is a happy day! I get to see you again and I find out about my baby girl having kittens?! Maybe this information will carry me over to my new stay." I knew what he meant. I hated to see him go so badly. I wanted to know where though.

"Where are they moving you?" I asked. If I get the chance, I would leave to visit him more.

"Some were close. He wants Matt to visit me more so that I won't be lonely." He replied. 

"At least it's close, maybe I can-"I heard a grunt. I turned around to see Tord near the door with a look of annoyance and a little jealousy? I saw Edd's face scrunch up in annoyance as well. I did not want them to fight so I hugged Edd which calmed him down. It did not calm the infamous Red Leader because he came into the room with us.

"Tom, it's almost time to go." I felt him grip my shoulder hard. I didn't know why he was acting like this at all. I decided to look back at Edd who glared at how Tord was handling me.

I got up and shook Tord's hand off of me while going to hug him. I whispered in his ear.

"Thank you for being my sanity in this mess." I hugged him tightly while he returned the favor.

I walked away with Tord walking behind me. I glanced over at Edd while he went back with the guard. I looked up at Tord who looked irritated from the whole thing. It was as if I was flirting with other people but him. I walked with him to the car and got in. We left after buckling up and him starting the car. The ride was silent until I had said something.

"My sanity, my stability, my destruction..."

"What was that?" He wasn't happy at the event.

"Nothing." The minute I said that, I felt the car go slower. He started to look at me now.

"Tom..." He growled. I decided to tell him.

"Edd is my sanity, Matt is my stability, and you're...My destruction." I didn't look at him.

He stopped the car on the side of the road and sighed. He pulled me close and kissed me. I was surprised but return the kiss. He pulled away to say something.

"I don't want to be your destruction. I want to be your safety, your satisfaction, something." I blushed. Then I remember that this was a small thing for him. It will be different when we go back to work.

"Be mine Thomas." I jolted at those words.

"Wha-"

"You're not a one night stand to me. I never wanted you to be one. In fact, I want you to be by my side for a long time. Be mine Thomas and the world is your playground." I looked a way for a moment. I knew this was a joke but, for one day, I want it to be real. This is funny coming from me who hated his guts years ago. I wanted to laugh until I heard him say something.

"Jeg elsker deg min elskede." I looked at him like he took something from me.

"What?"

"I meant what I said, all of it. I want you in my life again, I want you and me to rebuild world we had. To be together in this "insane world" as you call it. Maybe more in the near future?" He looked away but I saw him turn red. I grabbed his hand and whispered in his ear.

"Let's have fun first. I don't want to leave you either"

He drove me home quickly. For once in this world, he and I have what we wanted and that's each other.

A/N

I have a quick announcement! I know this cutting it close but, we are coming to the end. At first, I wanted to do a chapter a day but, I rushed it. Now, even though we're getting to the end doesn't mean anything. It just gives me time to think of whether I want to keep going with this story or work on other projects. Anyways, thank you.