Chapter Two: Mornings and POVs

Tom's POV

My day starts out as usual. Wake up at 6 am, get undressed, bathroom time, take a shower, and make sure everything is clean and dry. Next, I had to tame my hair, get dressed, put on my fully charged visor, and eat breakfast. Before I leave the house, I make sure to grab my bag, coat, and keys. I leave the house like clockwork at 7 am with Matt on the daily.

It was routine as usual. I didn't have to do this routine much until it was forced on me. In fact, I hated this routine at the start of it all and wanted to stay in bed longer. I had a car that would get me there so, why not? It was until I lost my car and driving privileges, that it became apparent that I needed this routine to get to work.

I had grabbed my sunglasses just in case Tord decide to pull a funny today and turn off my visor. The fact that he can do that almost scares me. He created those damn things and made sure that he had some control over their usage. I wasn't worried except for the fact that I usually kept my eye somewhat closed when wearing them. Why bother seeing when the visor did that for you. There has been many of times that I had to take off the visors only to scream bloody murder when the light hit me in the face. I now know how Matt feels when he's a vampire. It was like getting hit with a laser hard. Worse is th feeling of being in the dark. If I didn't want to feel the pain of the light, I kept my visor on but, I was blind as an eyeless fish. I couldn't see anything. I literally learned the office like this but, had to stay in my seat the whole day until Tord turned them back on. I hated looking at him and his grin. It was sadistic in nature. I guess that's how a leader like him came to be.

Matt's POV

It was always the same with Tom. I usually see him leave with his bag, coat and keys in his hand. He always locks the door after checking to see if he has everything. I know he doesn't like to carpool with me but, I actually enjoy his company sometimes. He rarely visits my place to begin with so, days like this makes me happy. I miss the old days when we lived together with Edd and Tord. I don't know why Edd or Tom is being rebellious little buggers. I get it, Tom hates the guy with passion for what he did but, working for him will get him benefits, like going to the Beach. Plus, he owes Tord for his vision and hospital stay. One of these days, those two will eventually get along like in the old days.

I can see it in Tord's eye. He wants his friends close to him again. I don't know why he chose Tom to do office work but, he probably knows something I don't. I hope it's not because of Tom's degree. Oh man, Tom was shocked about one of us finding out about that. He didn't realize that I knew he was going for that MBA degree. Tom was business savvy as well as a good bass player and had art skills. If Edd knew, he would flip!

Maybe I should put in a request and tell him. It might perk up his spirits to see us doing well.

??? POV

Maybe I'm being too harsh on Thomas lately. I know I'm being restrictive and harsh to him but, it's for his own good. He's my biggest threat if I don't control him now. He almost left the first time around and I know where he would've went to if the visor restriction didn't kick in. I lost a nice statue and a good chunk of money in the process. I should have put him in the Beach for that but, that would've encourage him to keep acting up more than usual. His feelings for Edd is too strong for me to break him. Maybe I should move Edd away from the Beach. That will break both of them. Then I will have what I wanted all along...

I need a a cigar out of my selection to smoke because it's going to be a long day

A/N

Might as well do chapter two because this makes the foundation.