Chapter 4: Tea Time

Tom laid in his bed. It has been a week since he started his house arrest and he hated it.

It wasn't the alcohol ban that got to him. He really doesn't drink much now and only had a bottle for the days when he needed it. It was the fact that all his favorite stuff was gone. He can't play a tune on Susan, he can't cuddle Tommie Bear, he couldn't  hold the watch he was wearing anymore, etc. Hell, his favorite blue hoodies were gone. They were gifts from Edd and Matt after the incident when he lost his old one to the explosion and had to get a new one. Edd and Matt bought him two more with color coated beads on the strings so that he knew they would always be there. He wore Matt's hoodie more his or Edd's hoodie. He didn't hate Matt actually.

In fact, he questions why Matt doesn't come over. He never banned him from his place and he was always welcomed at Matt's place until the house arrest. He turned over to call his probation officer but got the call instead. He taped on the phone device next to his bed. A monitor popped up and turned on.

"Hello? Is this Tom Ridgewood?"

"Yes and let me stop you before you ask any questions. I'm at home in my room. I have not attempted to kill the guard assigned to me yet. I'm sober and have not drank today. I was about to call you guys to get that established. Now, is there anything else you want to ask or discuss?"

"N-No sir. It odd to have someone answer my questions beforehand."

"I do a lot of paperwork to find out information on certain things."

"Oh, I forgot you was an elite to the Red Leader." Tom silently cringed at the word Red Leader. It was bad that he still ached over fighting the guy but, he was on house arrest because of him.

"I rather not be associated with a man like him." Tom said.

"Okay."

"I'll call you tomorrow?"

"Yes, sir! Have a good day, sir."

"Just call me Tom."

"Have a good day, Tom."

He looked at the voice mails on the device. He sorted through them while gritting his teeth. Most was from the devil himself while the rest was telemarketing. The noticed Matt called him so he listened to it. As usual, it was Matt not only being frantic about the fight but him scolding Tom for causing it. Tom rolled his eyes (yes his eyes are completely black in this story, not eye sockets) and deleted all the voice mails. He decided to call Matt instead and invite him over for tea.

By the time the tea was done, Tom heard a knock at the door. It was Matt with sweets from around the world.

This was one of the few times Matt was allowed into Tom's place. He didn't realize that Tom was wearing his night clothes and glasses on. Instead, Matt was dressed up a little with a turtle neck purple sweater, black slacks and black slip on moccasins. He wanted to look good for a cup of tea just like his old job.

"Hey Tom! It's been a minute since I have seen your place. I wonder why today?"

*grunt*

"I didn't ban you from my place if you're going to ask. You could've called and come over which, by the way, you haven't trying to been lately."

"I've been well...busy lately."

"Who's the lucky mirror or is it a girl this time?"

"It's my lab time and Tord lately. He's been inviting me to his place to look over designs and blueprints."

"Oh."

"Tom..."

"I already got your video scolding. I don't need a scolding twice on the same matter. Besides, you have sweets and a few of these sweets will work well with the tea I have."

"We need to talk about you and Tord."

"No we-"

"He's been asking about you lately."

"Why does he care? I'm in this problem because of him. All he has to do is just...just accept my visit. Now Edd will be moved the first of next month."

A gasp can be heard. Matt didn't realize that Tord was going to actually move Edd to another prison. Worse is that his other friend is imprisoned in his own house. Why is Tord doing this? Why is he messing with Tom and Edd like that?

"I'm done."

Matt turned to Tom when he said that. The man's looked down at the tea pot in one hand while his other hand was occupied with small cups. His face looked like shit and getting worse. His expression darkened from sadness. Matt slowly understood what Tom was saying but asked.

"What do you-"

"You're going to have dear leader's attention from now on. No more lists and no more time wasted. I'm not going to his meetings anymore or even talk in one if I'm dragged there. Why should I you know? He doesn't approve my requests and he doesn't even care. I'll just do my work and go home like a good soldier should."

"Who knows, I'll be able to avoid him at some point so, I..."

Tom placed everything on the table before breaking down. He hated to do so in front of his friends but, this was Matt. The guy who caught him doing things out of character so many times. This was no exception. He felt Matt hug him tightly. The guy was pretty tall. Even though he was tall himself, he was still the short one in the group at 5' 8". Matt was at least 6' 2" while Edd was the tallest at 6'4"-6'5". Tord was around 6 feet tall.

He returned the tight hug while crying. If all else, he still had Matt until Red Leader takes him away. When that happens, he'll either put himself in jail or take himself out. He wasn't going to live in this world alone for the sick pleasures of a madman. He rather suffer in his own way.

"Remember when you woke up?"

"Yeah, I heard you got into a car crash."

"I was coming to see you that day when it happened. Instead, I ended up in the same hospital as you."

"I thought I was going to have our daily reading session and you would wake up to it. I did It every day or at least tried to. 

A sigh escaped Matt's lips before he spoke again.

"I'm not your enemy Tom."

"I never considered you one. I don't hate you Matt. Sure I'm an asshole to you but, it's in my nature to be an asshole to people. Just now, I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't around a pal I would consider more of a brother to me."

Urk!

Matt's tight hug turned into bear hug. The fact that Tom considers him to be like a brother made his day. He didn't think Tom would say that to him given the fact that he got his father killed and works for a world dominating madman.

"You can stay over for the night and leave in the morning. That away we can catch up on work or old times."

"I rather do old times. My work is complicated and sometimes dangerous."

"I work in the business sector doing accounting and deals. Tell me that's not dangerous."

"Point taken."

"Besides, I need some stability in this unstable world."

Tom looked away for a moment before Matt said something.

"Edd is your sanity while I'll be your stability. I have one question to ask though, what is Tord to you?"

"My destruction."

A/N

The bro love is real in this chapter. I wanted to throw in a chapter where Tom admits to Matt that the world would suck without him.  I also wanted to establish the height differences as well.