Chapter 2 | Yuuri

Age
8
4

"Hey, buddy!" My social worker called. Squinting my eyes against the morning light I sat up. "It's almost time to go." She called gently, setting a red shirt and jeans on my bed. Whenever I wasn't with a foster family I was allowed to stay with her. The kids at the orphanage bullied me so they allow me to stay here. "Oh... Right." I mumbled sitting up. 'Today I was going to meet my new foster family' I thought resentfully.

My name is Yuuri Katsuki, I am 4 years old and an orphan now. Katsuki is the emperor's blood-line but not many people recognize us as royalty anymore. In other words, I am Prince Yuuri Katsuki, the next in line for the throne. At least I was before the monarchy was demolished. My parents died when I was about to turn 3. We were driving to the hospital after a skating accident when a drunk driver crashed into the ambulance. Another thing you should know is that my parents are not considered the emperor and empress, my father was the late emperor's cousin. Because of this, they would never have ascended to the throne but because I am their child I would have been considered. 

After their deaths, I've been all over Europe and Asia, in orphanages and foster families. Nobody knows my past and those who figure it out send me away because they are afraid of assassins coming for them. I've been in Japan, Italy, America, and Korea. In each foster family, there was a sibling who just flat out hated me. Something about taking the attention of their parents. Michele, Sara, Seung gil, etc. I don't care enough to say their names or even remember them. They don't deserve it. I always stayed there for no more than a few months before they found out. I've learned to be careful of what I say and not to let people too close to me.

This time I'm supposed to go to a family in Russia. It's supposed to be a 12-hour flight from Japan so we have to leave really early. 

I showed my ticket to the nice lady who was at the gate and she gave me a hug. She sees me a lot. I usually end up at her gate when I leave the country. I haven't had a hug in a while. It felt nice. My Social worker lead me to my seat and we sat down. I took the window seat of course. The plane we were on had little TVs on the back of the headrests so I watched my favorite movie. The king and the skater. 

We had just landed. I held my Social worker's hand as we walked out into the St. Petersburg airport. Clutching my stuffed dog we got our baggage from the pickup and we got a taxi. The entire time I just looked out the window. 'I wonder what they'll be like?' I thought. 'Whatever. They're all the same! They won't keep me around long.' I thought resentfully. 'The sooner I can go back to Japan the better.'

---=+ Words 520 +=---

I hope you enjoy this! :)