Chapter 18

11/21/17 HAI so I'm happy now I guess... I get to go skating at 1 today. it's 9. I, however, have to finish cleaning up my room a little bit, pack my bags, practice my oboe and hopefully not rage to the point I break my reeds. the weather sucks. The more humid or dry it is out will affect how we play. and I also have to pack my bags for it... I should probably get up and do that... Oh well... I not gonna get up until 11.

-----

Well, this was a surprise.... I skated for 3.5 hours straight and not a single muscle hurts! It's super weird and IDK the heck why nothing's sore. It's perplexing honestly. I guess the skates were tied well and they were ACTUALLY THE RIGHT SIZE THIS TIME?!

I learned left side crossovers. That was interesting and I had a massive debate with my friend about how I'm an auditorial and visual learner. I learn best when I'm watching while listening. I don't learn from taking notes so that's probably why I'm bad at social studies and math. and language arts... and science... (as I pass science with a 100% average... :/ ) I also finally figured out the trick to going backwards and all that good stuff. I actually fell once due to the fact someone cut in front of me and I hit the toepick trying to dodge and I slid into someone else.

There was also the regular toepick-sucks falling... I made the mistake of retrying rollerblades so I ended up screwing up my form and I ended up tripping over the toepick even more than nescisary which should be like 5 total. DON'T ROLLERBLADE WHEN LEARNING HOW TO SKATE IN FIGURE SKATES!!! BAD IDEA. Very bad.

I'm done now. пока [baka] (bye)

11/23/17 Happy thanksgiving! :D

-----

After promising to stay with him forever I returned to my session. The session was ending in a little over 10 minutes but every minute counts. I paid for this and I'll see it to the end. Yuuri decided to stay and try skating again. I gave him $15 for his skate rental. He didn't have skates with him so he went to rent. As the session ended I stepped off and went to pay for another session.

Taking a seat on the bench by Yuuri, I watched as he laced up his skates before standing to help him up. They were almost done resurfacing so it wouldn't be long before we could get on the ice. When the staff members opened the gate I stood. Taking his hand I lead him slowly to the rink's entrance so he could get used to walking in the skates. Stepping on I turned so I was facing him. Gripping my hands firmly I lead him out slowly encouraging him to move forward. I watched his face as I skated backwards as I saw Yuuri smile lightly as he moved his feet slowly around, growing accustomed to the feel. ''You ready?" I asked laughing as he slowly started gliding through each step looking the happiest I've seen him in ages.

Slowly, I loosened my grip allowing Yuuri to skate freely. I continued to skate backwards in preparation if he should fall. Eventually, Yuuri was full on grinning allowing the ice to guide his movements he skated forwards with precision and grace. Turning about face (180°) I skated beside him watching as his confidence grew. Laughing he wandered around the rink's edge slowly speeding up as he became more accustomed to the ice. There weren't that many people, but there was still a fair amount of people. In the center of the rink is where figure skaters can practice their jumps and spins. Once I was sure Yuuri was ok, I skated to the center where three other skaters were.

"Hey, Victor!" Alyona called stopping her spin. Alyona is 7. She has really long brown hair A/N I'm thinking about Siena. and green eyes. A/N This is actually a really weird genetics combination if you think about it... She's really nice to everyone and she almost always has a smile on her face. Then there's Mishka. He's 9. He has short dirty blonde hair with gray eyes. He's typically super serious but once he opens up he's super funny and cool. The other skate I don't know. He's super tall and he's probably in his early 20s. At least that's what Yuuri said. I trust that. He has tan skin with deep blue eyes and dark brown hair. A/N Because genetics don't matter anymore. I have a thing about genetic stereotypes. sorry. I skated just outside the box with Alyona to chat before we continued practice. "What's up?" I asked casually asked Alyona. I wasn't watching her and she wasn't watching me either. "I'm cool. Jump rotations are pretty hard to do without the harness huh?" "Yeah. It's almost the same but you don't have anything to help you not fall." I replied sucking in a sharp breath as Yuuri stumbled a little. I watched as he made a great recovery and continued skating. "You watching Yuuri?" Alyona asked. "Yeah. Are YOU watching Yuuri?" I asked in a mockly accusing her. "Yeah!" she laughed. "He's doing pretty great!" She said watching as he did another lap around the rink. "Yeah. Considering he didn't skate since his birthday back in November and since that was a bust. He technically hasn't skated since he was 2. He's cought back up really quickly. Anyway, he's doing great right now so I'm going to go practice my jump." I said skating back into the box.