Reluctance

Hey people,
Well, I will be writing in third person for this chapter on what I hinted about in the last chapter ;-)

Third person P.O.V

That fateful night

She left to get some drinks so that her friend could loosen up a bit. 'She was too tense,' she thought to herself.

'Hey beautiful,' a voice said startling her from her thoughts. She jumped a little clutching her poor dear heart. She looked up and saw a guy with pale skin, blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. Her eyes lit up in recognition.

'Jake!' She squealed, running towards him as her heels would permit to hug him.

'I haven't seen you in a long while. Where did you suddenly disappear too? What are you doing here?' She asked breathlessly.

'Whoa... easy there darling. One question at a time.' He said and she laughed.

'I left for the navy.'

'Really that's so cool.' She said taking him all in. 'I see you gained some muscles. Been working out?' She winked at him.

'Stop checking me out,' he said as he used his hands to cover her eyes pushing her slightly.

'Real mature' she said slapping his hand off her eyes. He laughed at her.

'I really missed you.' He said pulling her in for another tight hug.

'Jake! You are ruining my dress.' She complained. He threw his head back and laughed squeezing her more tightly. She struggled out of his hold and jumped out trying to smoothen the creases as she narrowed her eyes at him.

'We should go out sometime... you know..to em catch up.' He said fiddling with his fingers.

'Jake, are you asking me out?' She said with the back of her hand on her head pretending to swoon.

'Don't push it Meg.' he said as he narrowed his eyes at her. She laughed.

He bent down and whispered at her ear. 'Has anyone told you that you are looking ravishing in this little dress?' His hot breath fanned her neck as he kissed her there letting his lips linger for a bit. He drew back with a satisfied smirk as he watched her flushed face.

'So are we on for that date or not?'

'Ever the arrogant bastard.' She said rolling her eyes.

'I take that as a yes. And before I forget here is your phone.' He said handing her the phone. Her jaw dropped and he used his pinky to shut it as he laughed. She shook her head at him. She stayed with him catching up on old times.

Ariel

She had forgotten about her four hundred words ago.

'Um, Jake I have to go. My friend must be worried about me. I left her there ages ago and she doesn't dig parties.' She said as she turned round to leave.

'Kay, buzz me later.' He said putting his thumb at his ear and the pinky near his mouth mimicking a telephone.

'Sure.. what's your number? Oh, wait....' she narrowed her eyes again at him and shook her head. That must be why he took her phone in the first place.

She hurried to where she had left Ariel but unsurprisingly, she wasn't there anymore. She must have spent a lot of time talking to Jake.

'Ariel,' she tried calling out. She tried searching the mass of drunken bodies for her. But she couldn't see her. She searched the restrooms and the kitchen but she couldn't find her. By the time she had searched the whole crib, she was damn tired.  She sat to catch her breath. She took a large swig of her drink and she tried to think about the places Ariel might be.