Flight

I slowly raised my hands in the air after safely tucking my phone and knife away in the most discreet way I could before turning to meet him with a smile.

'Hi I'm Ariel,' I said with my two hands still up. He rolled his eyes.

'Really?' Jax said as he rolled his eyes at me. I glanced and his hand and my eyes widened in fear as I saw the gun.

'I hope you know what this is Princess,' he said with a smirk.

'But incase you have no idea, it's a gun and it is used for killing and maiming victims,' he continued as he walked round me like a predator assessing its prey.

'Hey gun,' I said and waved at it.

Incase you haven't noticed A, this is not a time to act or be foolish

'Relax Zurvie, I've got this,' I said well not out aloud though because that would be suspicious. Jeez we are going out of line here. Now where was I?

Ahoy! Yes after I said hi to the gun, well Jax looked at me like I was stupid. God I hate that look.

'The gun will kill you,' he said deadpan.

'Cool,' I squealed.

'Are you for real?' He asked incredulously.

Yes are you for real

'Now's not the time Zurvie. I'm tryna think here,' I said.

Well good luck with that. For me I am going to tell Seth and Hypnos goodbye as this is my last day on earth or probably in your mind

I rolled my eyes as I missed whatever nonsense Jax was yapping about.

'Sorry what were you saying again?' I interrupted him and he shot me a glare.

'I swear I'm this close to shooting you dead,' he said as he used his left thumb and fore finger to show the closeness and trust me they were very close.

'Sorry,' I said using my hands to pull my ears as I bent my knees slightly.

'Whatever just get back in the house and don't come out again,' he said waving me off.

What? Hell no! There's no way I am going back into that night mare called a house. I can't afford to go back there after all that effort. Well technically speaking, it took a lot of effort not to eat the cake and ice cream in the refrigerator.

'Why are you still standing here? Off you go now. Don't waste my bloody time,' he said waving his gun at me.

Well there was no way in hell I was going back into that place so I did the next rational thing I punched him in the gut.

Damn! That hurt a lot. I cradled my hurting fist as he laughed at my pathetic move. It was like I hit a stone wall.

Do you even know how to fight? We are all dead! Dead I tell you, dead!

'Oh shut up Zurvie!' I said clearly annoyed now.

'Who the hell are you talking to?' Jax asked still having a hard time recovering from his laughter. I bit my lip and shuflled awkwardly on my feet.

'When you want to punch princess, you hold out your fists like this,' he said as he held out his hand in demonstration and I blinked not believing my luck. This moron was going to teach me how to fight.

Apparently when I called you stupid, I was wrong. Please forgive my misjudgment Ariel, for I have found a much bigger fool

I laughed using my hands to muffle the sound.