Epilogue

My life with you is over now,
It's time for us to part,
But remember, we will always be,
Forever in your hearts.
So, don't cry for me my children,
Now that I have gone,
I've gone to meet my soulmate,
Now we can be as one.

Third person's P.O.V

The grey skies wept greatly and the winds were silent, wailing occasionally when the sadness over whelmed them.

'We are gathered here to say farewell to Mr Jace Norman and to commit him into the hands of God,' the voice of the priest said as the funeral hymn played on and Ariel tried to put on a brave facade.

But from far away you could see the pain etched deeply on her face, her glassy eyes shone with unshed tears. All dressed in black, she held the umbrella with so much force that her knuckles turned white in the rain. Her new family looked at her with sympathy trying to share the pain that she felt.

The priest lets three hand-fulls of earth fall onto the coffin, saying, "From dust you came, to dust you shall return. Jesus Christ, is the resurrection and the life.' The priest went on and on and it was her turn to speak.

In her other hand which wasn't holding an umbrella in a death grip was a red rose 🌹.

'Sometimes words can say so little, when the heart is overflowing, and often those we love the most, just have no way of knowing. The many things the heart conceals, and never can impart, for words seem so inadequate to express what's in the heart. I loved you so dearly,' she started, 'when mama died, my father died too. I missed you so much dad,  you never came back to me and maybe I had so much hope that you would but you killed that hope since you're lying in this black box motionless,  going six feet underneath.

You always told me to take life by it's horns and face it head on. I had no idea what that meant when I was little. After you said it,  I would jump on your back and hold the imaginary horns on your head and we would laugh and play all day. But now I understand what you mean by taking life head on but I failed to do it when it came to you. I ran away and now I never had the chance to make it up to you and tell you how much I loved you and that chance is gone.

But you were the best father a little girl could ever ask for and husband. If you could see mom I'm sure she would be furious with you. You are so in for her wrath,' she chuckled a little as a stray tear left her eye but she kept on talking.

'But dad I want you to meet my new family. You would love them when you come to know them. Alejandro, Francisco, Antonio, Fernando, Arturo and Carlos. Bye daddy. I will always love you no matter what,' and she dropped her rose on his coffin.

'Te amo demasiado niña,' Alejandro said and they all echoed it. She looked at them with tears in her eyes knowing that she had found a family in deed,  the one she never had.

've y cocina para nosotros mujer,' Carlos said.

'Shut up Carlos!' They all chorused.

'What did he say?' she asked.

'Your feminist side may not like that,' Francisco said mockingly and she rolled her eyes choosing to let it drop.

***
I'll miss that first rabbit of a girl. Don't you think so guys?' Harry asked. All he got as answers were murmurs. He shook his head.

'Fine I had fun torturing her,' he said and they murmured again in disagreement.

'I can't believe we didn't kill her,' Jax said.

'Yeah well her life will still be a living hell despite what she thinks right now and her precious new family will grow tired of her.'

'So our source of entertainment is over. What do we do now?' Nathan asked.

'Well to the Bahamas it is,' Harry shouted and they all hi gives him running to get ready for their trip.

***
Hours later, she was sitting at the grave of her friend crying.

'I want to hate you,' she said bitterly 'but wherever you are out there, just know this,' she paused holding her breath a little.

'I forgive you,' she whispered. She stood and she walked away with arms in her coat and saline tears washing her face.

She had chosen to embrace life just like her dad said.

I am Zurvan

'Ah not again!'

                   The End