Preparations

'So where are we going to?' I asked for the umpteenth time, thugging the hoodie I borrowed from Arturo lower to shield my face. I was also wearing large shades. I couldn't take my chances anymore.

'You look hideous in these shades and hoodie,' He said for the hundredth time glancing at me with slight grimace.

I rolled my eyes at him and he sighed and kept on walking, his hands in his pocket, slouched.

We soon got to a restaurant soon. When we got the the menu as soon as we sat down. I shrugged the hoodie off.

We ordered our food and I started to dig in. I won't tell you what we ordered but it was so good that after I had finished my own plate,  I finished the one on his plate.

Maybe it was because of the fact I was starving. Who knows and who cares.  I was full and I drowned the food with  orange juice.  Well I had to go with what I had.

'Do you always eat this much,' Francisco asked and I flushed.

'Well I don't always get kidnapped and starved, so no I don't always eat this much.' I retorted and he smiled.

'So what really happened?' He asked and I shivered. I really didn't want to go deep into what had happened to me.  I pushed down the thoughts back towards the darkest place in my thoughts.

'I am so sorry.  If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine,' he said jolting me back to consciousness.

'It's cool,' I said rubbing the scars on my hands unconsciously and his eyes traveled towards the scars and I tried hiding them away from his hands.

'They did that, didn't they?' he asked and I nodded.

'Well you have a chance to get them back,' he said and I smiled.

'I'll make the most of my opportunity, trust me.'

'Good, we need to train you for whatever Uncle may need you for in his big plan,' I nodded.

He glanced at his wrist watch. 'My cousins must be wondering where we are.'

'Whoa! Your cousins? Who are those?'
I asked perplexed.

'Alejandro and the rest,' he sighed.

'I thought y'all were brothers,' I scrunched my nose.

'Don't do that. It makes you uglier than you already are,' he said and I stuck my tongue out at him.

'My parents were killed and Uncle offered me a chance to revenge,' I saw  eyes turn hard with pain and then with admiration of his uncle.

'Come on, let's go,' he stood up and I also did. I sighed putting my protective gear again.

He yanked the shades and hoodie from my hands. 'You are not wearing these anymore. If anyone wants to kidnap you,  they'll have to go through me,' he said kissing his biceps and I laughed heartily.

We went back home but not without glancing backwards a million times. 
Francisco got tired and walked behind me but I still couldn't put away that feeling.

'Time for your Lessons, Ariel,' I was dragged into a room, a gym to be precise.  I was starting to wonder how this house was located in a slum.

It wasn't exactly tasteful but it was moderate I was guessing it had about ten rooms or more.

I changed into leggings and a sports bra, it was all I could I could find in their sister's clothes and I went over to meet them.

'Don't make this weirder than it already is,' I said using my arms to cover my body as I got into the noisy room that had turned silent due to my arrival.

I heard Zurvie snicker and I smiled to myself. He was no longer angry,  wait voices could get angry? Now I'm just being paranoid.

'Let's begin,' I said sauntering into the room with confidence and a smile.

A Few Minutes Later

'When do we stop?' I panted using one arm to wipe the sweat of my face while doing push ups.

'You haven't even spent up to thirty minutes yet and you are already whining like a kid,' I heard Carlos say.  I was pretty sure he was happy he could finally say that to someone.

'37, 99, 100. Done,' I plastered a smile on my face, getting up and dusting my bahamas.

'You fooled no one darling. Get done and do another hundred and if you use any more trickery,  you'll keep on doing more hundreds,' Francisco said and I groaned flipping him the finger.  And I was starting to think we were going to be best buddies.

They all laughed sitting down to watch me in my misery.

For the next  few months I was drilled.  I learnt how to shoot, fight, lie and I was finally ready.  I was going to meet my dad one last time before I met my fate.

🔫 🔫 🔫

'What do you think about these two nose blowers over there?' the first unknown person said.

The second unknown person scratched his nose before speaking, 'I think it's time they go.'

The first unknown person gestured towards a thug and he came closer, 'Make their death seem like an accident.'

The thug nodded and left with a grin look on the extra small face on a body that looked like it was on steroids.

Few hours later, on the television, two policemen had lost their lives in an accident.

                ♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

A/N: Really short chapter? Yeah I know. I have even more depressing news.  Survival has only one or two chapters left but I can promise you that when I edit the book later on,  I'll add to the shorter chapters or even add new chapters.

For now I am racing against time and I am really super busy. I'm really sorry.