Despair

A/N: Hi everyone. Before we begin this chapter, I will be putting a small poem of the sort for us to understand the chapter better.  Enjoy😁

Incapacitated by circumstances,
Helpless rage is gnawing at my bones
Inward screams echo through broken dreams,
Darkness,
Terminal,
Terrifying
Darkness.
They say you never know what you have till you've lost it
We never know pain till its staring at us in the face
Pain... The love that cuts you deep
And let's the blood and tears seep
When your world comes crashing down and you drown in the pits of despair
***
It was too bright for the night. A prickly feeling ran up my spine as I looked at the moon shininig brightly and lighting up the streets with it's silvery light.

The large tall brick buildings cast long shadows as the insects cut through the silence like a sharp new razor blade with their shrill sounds.

I walked down the street as stealthily as I could, hiding in the shadows cast by the light of the moon on the buildings.

My eyes darted here and there in visible fright.  My sweaty palm tugged on the frilly ends of my sweater and my other hand held the backpack quite tightly.

I drew in deep breaths and  willed myself to walk faster.

'Hey,' I heard someone shout and I jumped back in fright clutching my chest.

I turned back to stare at him. He was a hefty man with macho beards and long stringy hair that shone in the moonlight.

His skin shone like ash in the moonlight and his bushy eyebrows did no justice in making his cat eyes seem more sinister.

'Hello,' I said in the most tiniest innocent voice ever.

'Puny  black Americans,' he spat out. His thick accented voice laced with malice and hatred and I shrank back in fear as my thoughts ran wild.

'Where d'ya think you are going,' he asked with a sneer. I searched around with my eyes trying to look for a weapon of some sort.

'I'm looking for my cat. It came this way and now I can't find it,' I said mentally cringing at the silly excuse.

'I didn't see no cat here so leave before you get missing,' he said as spittle came out from his mouth quite disgustingnly.

'But my cat he... ' I tried once more.

'I SAID LEAVE!' His voice slicingvthe silent night and my incomplete sentence.

I didn't wait for him to say anything or carry out his threat,  I just ran but I didn't turn back.

The fear of what I was going to face if I didn't deliver what was in my backpack was greater than the fear of the macho masquerade man.

'Hey! Where do you think you are going to? Stop right there!' The man screamed and I heard his heavy footsteps behind me.

I sprinted trying not to miss the turns as I ran and at the same time I tried to loose him without getting caught.

I felt the mettalic taste rise up my throat and my lungs burned like fire.  My legs felt like they were rooted to the ground and cemented with hot liquid bitumen.

My breath came in short rapid successions and my lungs burned like liquid fire as I drew in each breath.

My chest felt like it was being stabbed and skinned.  I clutched my chest and screamed in unimaginable pain as my eyes rolled backwards.

I screamed for darkness that always came to my  rescue. I fell on the ground luckily avoiding my head from hitting the floor. My body jerked in violent motions as blood and foam came out from my lips.