Love is a Strange Thing

Maybe it was the fact that you never smiled at home, your parents didn't notice the bloodied tooth. Luckily, the bleeding stopped after awhile, but the pain didn't. You would walk downstairs to get ice cubes from the bin in the middle of the night because of the pain.

Like everything else, that pain subsided too. The slice on your neck disappeared. One of the only things that didn't was the crush on Richie. You never could tell if he liked you. He acted like he did, but then again maybe that was just an act.

The first night that you actually got any sleep, was last night. It was a good six hours. It still wasn't enough to not sleep through every subject in school. Richie somehow got his seat moved next to yours. Life was okay. Not the best, just okay. 

"N/n..." Richie whispered.

"What is it, R-richie?" You whispered back, trying to look like you were paying attention.

"Everyone was going to go swimming in the quarry, and we were wondering if you would go?" Richie asked. 

"Yeah, wuh-why wouldn't I?" You asked.

"You've been kind of out of it lately." Nodding. You haven't really been talking to anyone lately. Losing someone takes more of a toll on someone than running a 5k.

"I'll go." You word bound to your promise now. Nothing was going to stop you from going. Not Henry, Gretta, or an evil spirit.

"Oi' ma'lady ya betta!" You smiled. Figuring it was a a new voice he was trying out. 

~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~

You felt the strong wind blow your h/c locks, as you rode with your friends. It's been awhile since you've ridden a bike. Sometimes Bill would let you ride his, because your mother thought it was unladylike to ride a bike. Yesterday he got a new one, while you got a bright red lipstick. How was that even fair? On the bright side Bill gave you his old one. 

You finally reached the cliff that dropped into the water. It was kind of high. Maybe 50 feet, give or take. 

"We could die!" Eddie squealed.

"Geez Eddie, g-grow some balls!" You shouted at him.

"Fine who's going to go first?" Eddie asked.

"We will!" A girl shouted. She quickly undressed and jumped into the water. 

A shorter boy in tow. He was darker skinned with dark hair on top of his head. He smiled at his friend, but followed her in. Jumping in almost instantly after. 

Apparently that was enough for all the boys to strip to their tidy-whites and get in after the pretty girl. All except for Bill, Richie, and Stan. They waited for you to jump in. Well kind of. Bill was constantly looking at Stan to see if he had jumped without him. 

"Buh-bill go with your dream guy!" he rolled his eyes at you, but they jumped in.

You stood by the edge in your undergarments. Feeling slightly uncomfortable with doing this. If it weren't for Richie you might not have gone into the water.

"Hey? Are you okay?" Richie touched your arm.

"No, I'm scared." You admitted.

"Don't be." He pressed a quick kiss to your cheek. "Want me to jump in with you?"

"Yes, please." You answered. 

He grabbed your hand , and you walked back a little bit. With a running start you jumped off the ledge. Everyone moved out of the way. Feeling the cool water surround you. A foreign feeling. Everything feeling cold except Richie's hand.  

You swam to the surface. He swept you up in his arms somehow keeping both of you afloat. Everyone gushed over how cute you guys were being. Then another kissed was placed on your nose. Still gushing, everyone but Bill and they were rolling their eyes. 

"Y/n, Richie, this is Mike and Beverly!" Ben said happily. 

"H-hello Mike, and Beverly!" You squeaked. 

"Hey!" Beverly swam over to you giving a big hug. 

"W-w-we're gonna h-have a-a-a chicken f-fight, wanna j-j-join?" Bill manged to get out.

"Sure" Both girls said in unison.

Bev got on Bill's shoulders and you got on Richie's. He held your legs tight. You felt safe. Then you felt hands on your shoulders. Beverly was trying her hardest to knock you off, but Richie's grip was firm.

After a long hard battle you pushed Beverly off Bill shoulders.  Victorious Richie dropped you into his arms. Placing the third kiss of the day on your forehead. You locked eyes. Almost feeling the affection drip from your brow. 

You expected a kiss that was never going to happen. He set you back in the water. Everyone was in awe of how oblivious you two were. Oblivious of how much the other wanted a kiss. Maybe you should have initiated the kiss. Then again Richie would never live that down.

The Losers Club got out of the water. Drying in the sun. It was a great day. Well for everyone else at least. For you and Richie it was pure torture. Like waving food in front of a starving man. 

You all parted ways. That was at least for everyone besides you, Bill, Stan, and Beverly. Stan blabbing on about his bar mitzvah. Beverly came over to talk to you

"So, are you and Richie dating?" she asked.

"No..." You wondered where this question was going see as it was so sudden.

"Well, just because I wanted to make a move. I wouldn't if he was a taken man. I guess he's not." She walked off at that.

Richie's p.o.v

I stopped right around the corner from where y/n was waiting for Bill. I couldn't talk to her. Not like I had all day. I just needed a breather. I feared if I said another word to her it might be I'm madly in love with her. 

Lost in thought I didn't even hear Beverly ride her bike up next to me. Not until she started talking.

"Hey you like Y/n right?" She asked. I jumped a foot in the air and she just giggled.

"It depends who's asking?" 

"Me doofus." 

"I won't tell you, anythin', mam'" this got an eye roll from Beverly, and she rode off.