Friends?

Y/n p.o.v.

I went downstairs expecting to see Bill, but instead there was a note on the counter. Going to Richie's to help him with homework was one of the lines. Well there's a first time for everything, and apparently for Richie that was homework.

So I called up Stan. So we are meeting at the quarry. I ate my cereal and ran upstairs. Rummaging through my closet I found my Led Zeppelin sweatshirt, and some ripped skinny jeans. Throwing on some combat boots as I left for the quarry.

Once I got there I immediately saw my curly haired best friend. 

"Hey, Stanley!" He quickly spun around and met my eyes. The bruise on his cheek was only a sickly yellow color. Quite a contrast from the bright pink cut that was healing right above it. I didn't give hugs often but I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I felt pressure around my waist. I breathed in the scent of his button down shirt. A lavender smell filled my nose and he sniffed my h/c. It probably smelled like pomegranate and blood orange. I smiled, I haven't had a one on one conversation with my best friend in awhile.

We pulled away from each other. Then we just talked. Took a walk through the woods. It was nice. Then we ran into our favorite people. Bowers Gang of unruly teenagers. 

"Look it's the damsel and curly freak. What are we gonna do this time now that we outnumbering them..."  Vic and Belch laughed like mind slaves. 

Stan instinctively grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to his side. I knew exactaly why. He wasn't trying to pull me behind him to protect me, he wanted to make sure they weren't going to grab me or try anything. 

Then a girl emerged from the trees. Beverly...

She stood in black shorts, a dark grey T-shirt, a black sweatshirt wrapped around her waist, and black combat boots. A smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes at her. 

"Hey y/n hey queer boy." She said simply and started stalking towards us. We turned and ran from the bullies. I felt the hand around my wrist disappear.

"Y/n!" He screamed as I fell down a steep hill. I felt myself trip and tumble through sticks, rocks, and logs until I finally hit the bottom. I saw someone running towards me. I couldn't really tell who it was but my eyes screwed shut, and I just assumed it was Stan.  

Richie's p.o.v. 

I heard the phone go off right outside of my room. Bill looked at me and I ran to get it.

"Yellow..." I said into the phone.

"Richie, It's Bev..." a small voice came from the phone. She was panting a bit, but I pretended not to notice.  I motioned for Bill to come over. He quickly got up and dashed over.

"Hey Beverly...are you calling to apologize?" Bill gave me a look, but I didn't pay attention to that. 

"Well, yes... I'm really sorry I don't know what came over me that day. I'm truly sorry and I hope over time you can forgive me." She rushed through her apology.

I covered the speaker with my hand and told Bill what she was saying. Bill rolled his eyes but told me to keep going.

"Well... maybe we can hang out sometime?" I said shooting a question glance at Bill.

"Yeah... sure... maybe you could come down to the quarry...like right now, and bring Bill with you cause we have a tiny problem. Maybe Eddie too." She kind of hurried up the conversation.

"Yeah sure... well we're on our way." I stumbled over my words and she hung up on us.

"We need to leave right now..." I bolted down the stairs, and Nancy, Steve, and Jonathan were already closing the door. 

"Everyone get your bikes and we are leaving!"I yelled.

"But we're in the middle of a..." Mike started.

"No get up and we are leaving!" I screamed back. They all jumped up and ran to the garage. They slipped on their shoes and got their bikes. Bill was already outside and ready to ride (I don't know anymore).

They followed me and Bill to the quarry. Once we arrived at Eddie's house, we threw our bikes to the ground and were greeted by Eddie. He was on his bike ready to go off when we arrived. Then to the quarry we went.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but thank you to everyone who reads, comments, votes those really make my day!