Home Sweet Home

Your p.o.v.

You arrived at your house with only seconds of sunlight left, as it was disappearing beneath the horizon. Bill threw his bike in the garage and you followed suit. Both of you scrambled to the door, and hopefully mother wasn't there.

Sadly this wasn't true. She sat in her armchair, and you guys froze. She didn't look too happy at the sight of either of her children. She stood up and walked over to you.

"Where were you..." she tapped her foot impatiently.

"The c-creek." Luckily Bill answered.

"Uh huh, why are you so dirty... and oh my god you got you nice shoes mucked up!" She exclaimed not caring that you had a hand print bruise on your neck.

"M-mom, they're j-j-just shoes..."

"Just shoes... y/n those are the nicest shoes you have, and your shirt, and jeans!" She acted like the world was ending and I was responsible.

"Y/n you are grounded, Bill please go upstairs and clean up." When Bill was up the stairs she looked me in the eyes and grabbed my face. "If you ever do this again, you will get a lot more than grounded!" 

Her fiery eyes told me everything. I bolted up the stair before I could make a snarky remark, or she could say another word. She would never treat Bill like that. As the oldest son he was the pride and joy of the family.

 In one where we still think that women should stay at home to take care of the children, and the boys off to college and be happily married to a woman. 

You were expected to be a little angel and maybe one day you could have children. Maybe have the privilege to clean the house, cook, carry children, raise them, and blah blah blah. That's not what you wanted.

You planned on going to college, traveling the world, settling in a nice place no where near here. And never in million years having children. Now all those dreams could be accomplished with Richie at your side. 

Maybe one day. You smiled as you got into the shower. Even though you did this morning it hardly matters. You felt dirty. So shower it is. The warm water ran through your hair, and the soapy water to the drain. 

Once you were done you threw on a night gown. Instead of getting in your own bed, you went into Bill's room. It was quite tidy for him. Books carefully placed on the shelf. No dirty clothes except in the hamper. The bed was perfect except for a few wrinkles, because Bill was sitting on it. His head in his hands.

"B-Bill what's wrong?" You asked carefully walking up to him. He looked up at you tears in his eyes.

"I-I-I cou-co-couldn't pra-protect you... tw-twice in one one one day!" Tears streaked down his face. You quickly pulled him close to you. 

"It's n-not your fault, nothing hap-happened just a little dis-disagreement that's all." This must be how Bill feels every time he sees you crying.

"It's j-just not-not fair. You're m-m-my baby sister. Yo-you shouldn't have to de-deal with this. It's all her fault she thinks you have to be a perfect girl. Or in her eyes a perfect girl, but her vision is distorted. You don't have to change to fit the status quo." He looked into your eyes. Confidence dripped from his mouth. He didn't even stutter. The tears slowly came to a stop.

He looked at your nightgown. He knew you always preferred flannel pants, and a sweatshirt. You would wear that everywhere if you could. According to your mother it's 'not lady-like' so night gown and nice shirts and bottoms.

Even though against her wishes in your closet was your full wardrobe of flannels, rock and roll T-shirt's, ripped skinny jeans, converse, sweatshirts, and everything you loved. Bill knew about it and would sometimes sneak sweatshirts and skinny jeans for when mom forced you to wear a dress to school.

You slowly started falling asleep in the hug your brother had you in. Your eyes fluttered closed and Bill laid you down on his pillow, and tucked you in.

Bills p.o.v. NEW ONE ARE YOU PROUD OF ME?

Once I tucked y/n in I snuck downstairs where mother was pacing the floor, talking to dad.

"Y/n needs help. She isn't supposed to act out like this." Mother said.

"I think she's perfect just the way she is. She's special and a wonderful young lady." He smiled at his Father's kind words.

"No she's acting like a boy? She likes rock and roll. Sweatshirts. Even wearing high tops." His mother acted like this was new. Even though all the girls wore nice blouses, skirts, and maybe occasionally jeans or shorts. None of them passed up a day to be cool and wear high tops.

I didn't know what to do. Do I intervene? Go back upstairs? I don't know anymore. I snuck back up the stairs and back into my bedroom. It's quite large and there's a window seat. I laid down on the soft cushions, and fell asleep.

Another short one terribly sorry. Also more insight on 'your' traditional family, or just mother. Well I hope you enjoyed. I think you will like the next chapter you meet some new characters and I think you'll like them ;)