A Date Doesn't Make the Pain go Away, but it Helps

(ALL REDDIE LOVERS THERE IS AN ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE BOTTOM FOR ALL Y'ALL!)

You got up before Bill, so you went downstairs. You easily snuck downstairs, and made yourself a bowl of cereal.  Your poured milk onto the bland wheat. The birds chirped happily outside of your house. You wished you could be that happy. 

Then you saw feet bound down the steps. You were afraid they might fall. Bill sighed when he saw you. He was obviously worried something supernatural had gotten to to you. You chatted, and talked about today. Today you were meeting the Losers at the fair. 

It might be a little weird after the nightmare you had last night. You had agreed so you couldn't back out now. Not to mention your life long fear of circus performers.  It was  almost as if someone had said F-it and put everything bad to happen over the course of a month. With a few good things sprinkled in there.

You heard a knock sound at your door. You got up to get it. You opened the door and the early morning breeze came through the doorway. Nobody stood in front of you. Thinking it was a prank you went to close the door, but a white slip of paper caught your eye.

You swiped it from the ground, like it was going to read it. On the outside it said your name. Right under it in fancy cursive writing it said Richie. Quickly you opened it up.

Meet me at the barrens in an hour.

Love Richie

You ran right past Bill, right up the stairs. Going right into the bathroom to take your shower. Once you were done, you walked over to your wardrobe. Opening it up you found your favorite shirt and bottoms.

Quickly slipping into your outfit and running back down the stairs. Bill stopped you right before you reached the door.

"W-w-where are yo-you guh-guh-guh-going y/n?" He asked in the worrying voice he used with you lately.

"To me-meet up with, Richie." You said trying to look at the clock. Only ten more minutes. You would have to hurry if you were going to make it in time.

"O-okay be care-car-careful n/n" He hugged you and sent you on your way.

"Okay, Billy." You shut the door before he could change his mind. You took your bike and rode off to see Richie.

Your h/c hair blowing in the breeze. It was chilly,but right now it didn't matter. What mattered was meeting Richie. Seeing his adorable freckles. I mean it was almost time to be there. You had a little under three minutes. 

Your bike skidded to a stop right before the barrens. You quickly got off your bike and dropped it off by Richie's. You walked down to the Losers favorite spot. You took a seat next to him. Wow he looked great. 

"Hey y/n." He said.

"Hey, Richie." After that he stood up. Not long after you stood up with him. 

"Want to go for a walk?" He asked with that wonderful smile.

"Sure, I would love to." Then he snatched your hand and started walking. 

After a little while you stopped at a little opening. It wasn't much. It just had a boom box. Richie walked up to it, and left you wondering what he was doing. He pressed the in button and your favorite song started playing.(p.s I don't care if this is your favorite song or not. I love you, but you probably like a pop song. That wouldn't work with the year this is happening.)

Richie walked over to you. He took your hand and started dancing. Placing your hands on his shoulders, and his resting on your hips.  You swayed back and forth. Then you felt yourself spinning holding Richies hand. 

Nothing could beat this moment in your mind. It was almost as if the rest of the world melted away. It was only then you noticed the crimson rose petals surrounding you. You looked into Richie's eyes, through his thick coke bottle glasses. 

It wasn't long after until your lips met. The short, yet sweet kiss you shared to Elvis' voice. You assumed this was what it was like to be in love. The butterflies that never when away, and the sparks that flew when you so much as brushed hands. 

The kiss ended way too soon. You felt yourself snuggling into Richie's chest. Swaying ever so slightly.

"Hey, Richie?" You asked.

"Yes, doll face?" You could almost feel the smirk playing on his face.

"What are we?"

"Whatever you want us to be." He rested his chin on the top of your head.

"I want us to be a couple." You stated

"Hey, y/n?" 

"Yeah, Richie?" You asked looking up at him once more.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" 

"Of course I will Richie!" You squealed, before he place another kiss to your lips.

You held hands all the way to the to your bikes. Then you rode off to the center of town. You made an abrupt stop at the entrance. You left your bikes with everyone else's, and walked in. Hands together again. 

You felt all eyes on you. You just smiled. It all hit you at once. You had Richie Tozier as a boyfriend. 

This was one of the last happy moments until disaster. 

You sat down with all your friends. They all smiled at you and Richie. 

"I called it!" Eddie called. The whole group cracked up at this, everyone except Beverly.

You and Richie sat with you backs to the stage. You were quite happy with this decision. Then somehow a clown got brought up, and everyone started sharing experiences.

"This isn't possible!" Stan said with just a touch of uncertainty in his voice.

"But it's happening, and we can stop it!" Bill said. 

"Can we really?" Eddie tested.

Then Bill stood up, and started marching off. Stan followed. Then a few others. You sat there in shock. Your brother was so passionate about this. You weren't sure if you should be scared or proud. You got up too. As did Richie. You started walking after your friends.

You got on your bikes and rode off after them. You rode past a house on Nebolt St. something was off. All of a sudden an ear piercing scream filled the air. You pedaled faster. The noise came from Stan. He fell off his bike, but that was not what the scream was from.

Someone helped him up, but grabbed his arm. They started to pull them back into the house. Bill was quick to run after him. You threw your bike to the ground and started running after your brother and best friend.

Your boyfriends screams of prostest didn't slow you down at all. You entered the dirty house, with a sigh. You couldn't see the two boys who entered. 

(Hopefully y'all made it down here... anyways an announcement. ATTENTION ALL REDDIE LOVERS. I'm posting a oneshot called Graveyard of Stars. It will be sad, and tears will be shed. I shall be posting it on Christmas. So thank you for letting me tell you about this!)