Hunger Games: High School

<--Katniss's POV--<<

"BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP!" I hear my annoying alarm clock screech. I have no idea why I set the alarm to that noise.

"UGH. SHUSH." I moan. Stupid alarm. But I will be able to get some shooting practice in. I take a quick shower, pull on some clothes, scribble a quick note to my mom saying that I am out shooting and that I won't be back for a while. Then I grab my bow and run to the woods by my house.

I pull out my hidden stash of arrows, and start shooting. Ever since we moved to this place called Panem, I have only felt at home in the woods. But now I have to go to school. No more entire days in the woods. No more hunting. This is the worst day ever. I continued to shoot, drawing back each arrow farther and farther till I hear the string almost break. Then my watch beeps. I hid my bow and my arrows and run home.

I open the door, and the first thing I smell is pancakes. A big, wide twisted smile formed on my face. I look and see Prim, eating her pancakes at the kitchen table. "PANCAKES!!!" I shout. I grab a plate, and pile 10 of them on it. Then I grab the syrup bottle and dump half of it on my pancakes.

After I eat, I grab all my supplies. "Come along, little duck. Time for school," I say to Prim. She grabs her bag, and we start walking. Even though the family has a beaten down car. I like walking better.

~10 minutes later~

We arrive at the building. Its huge and could fit the entire capital city in it. I hug Prim and say goodbye, and she walks towards the middle school part of the building. I can see her talking to another girl her age. The girl had dark skin and dark eyes. She looked innocent and like she would be a perfect friend for Prim.

I walk to the high school part of the gigantic building. There are lots of kids there, and I see even more coming. I find a bench, sit down, and look at my schedule. I feel too nervous to read, and I set it down. A guy with dark hair walks up to me. "Hey, I'm Gale. What's your name?" I'm too shy to answer, so I whisper, "Katniss." He looks confused and says, "Okay Catnip, want me to show you around?" I nod, and we begin to walk down the long twisting highways known as high school.