4 Months Later

<-Peeta's POV--<<

I am in love with Katniss Everdeen. I've been hanging out with her since the first day of school, and I fell in love. Her piercing gray eyes sparkle with bits of gold and green. Her hair cascades down her shoulders. She is everything I want. She is everything that I couldn't have. Gale convinced me to ask her out tomorrow. I know he used to like her, but ever since she embarrassed him in public, he stopped liking her.

Finnick is strange. He doesn't like eating or talking, or anything at all. He sits in Annie's hospital room, and stays there for hours. We pretty much don't have any homework, because of Annie and our "situation". I don't mind. I hate homework. And now I have more time to be with Katniss.

I text Gale.

Peeta: Hey Gale, should I go ask Kat out now?

Gale: Sure mate. Honestly don't care, but sure.

Peeta: Don't interrupt me though.

Gale: Cool mate. Good luck. You'll need it.

I roll my eyes and turn off my phone. I drive over to Kat's place. And I ring the doorbell. Prim answers. She looks me up and down. "KATNISS!!!! SOME BOY IS HERE!!!!! HURRY UP!!!" Prim yells.

Katniss runs downstairs. "Shut up Prim," Katniss says. She pushes Prim lightly out of the way. Then follows me out to a little lake right by her house. "Katniss, will you go on a date with me?" I ask her. Yes, yes, please say yes.

"Peeta, I don't think- Of course I want to go on a date with you!" Katniss says. I smile and hug her, and she does the same.

"Would you like our first date to be now?" I ask. I mean, we are in the perfect place. A lake, walking trails, and animals. Perfect for Katniss.

"Sure! C'mon, let's go over here!" She says, and drags me to a hidden area with a little bench. We sit and just watch the lake.

"Katniss, I think it's time we ask each other the important things. What's your favorite color?" I ask.

"I like green. What's yours?" She responds.

"Sunset orange," I tell her.

And that's how we spent our first date. Sitting on a bench by a lake, asking each other questions.

~3 Hours Later~

Katniss gets a text. So do I. I pull out my phone, and see what and who the text is from.

From: Finnick

To: Gale, Johanna, Peeta, Katniss, Mr. Cresta, Mrs. Cresta, 8382 others

Guys, guess what? They're taking Annie out of a coma! She will wake up today! Come down to the hospital now!

I look over at Katniss's phone, and she has the same message. We look at each other and rush down to the hospital. "Annie Cresta," I tell the lady. She nods and we run to Ann's room. When we get there, we see Gale, Johanna, Finnick, and a couple others. I look over to the bed. I see Annie. She looks like she is starting to wake. "Guys!! Look at Annie!!" I shout.

We all turn to her. She opens her eyes for the first time in 4 months.

"Annie!!" We all shout. She sits up, smiles, then gives every individual a hug. When it gets to Finnick at the end, she huddles in a ball and turns away. "Annie, let me tell you something. Please. My dad isn't in here. The reason why I broke up with you was because of my dad. He wants me to marry a boring office person. But I want to marry you. Please, Annalise Evelyn Cresta, please say you love me. I love you," Finnick tells her.

Annie turns around and kisses Finnick on the lips. "Finnick, I love you. Please can I marry you?" Annie says. Finnick nods and puts a hidden ring on her finger. They kiss and everyone claps. But it is stopped short by a doctor. "Hello! I'm Doctor Four. So, can you all clear out so we can perform a couple of tests on Annalise, just to make sure she's healthy? Thanks," Doctor Four says.

We all step out, and Katniss sits on my lap. Doctor Four lets us in, and goes to analyze the results. Annie starts talking, and we discussed what had happened and what she missed. When Doctor Four came back.

"Annie, I am so sorry to say this, but we believe you have cancer. We need to scan you to be sure. The scan will be tomorrow," Doctor Four tells us. What? Annie is like my little sister! They can't scan her for cancer after she just spent 4 months in a coma! It's injust!

I wake up from my trance to find Katniss sobbing into my shoulder. "T-the s-second we get her b-b-back, we get her t-taken away from us!" Katniss sobs. I rub her back. What else can I do? Tell her our non-blood related sister is going to have cancer and die? No, I can't say that!!

We sit in the room till visiting hours are over. When they are, Annie bursts into a new fit of tears and starts to whine and scream. "NOOOOOOO!!!!!" Annie shouted, "DON'T LEAVE ME HERE!!!!!! STAY!!!!!" The Doctors came in, but no one could get close to calming her down except Finnick. Katniss and I stepped out of the room with Finnick and Johanna. We walk to the car in silence.

"Peeta. What if Annie has cancer? What if she dies?" Katniss suddenly asked me.

"Katniss. I don't know. What I do know is that Annie is a fighter, and won't give up without a fight," is what I say.

We drive the rest of the way to her house in silence. I go up to the door with her when she asks me something.

"Stay with me?"

"Always."

"