Um, Excuse Me?

<-Clove's POV--<<

~Earlier That Day~

"Negative. Please. Be negative," I whispered to myself. I look at the test. Positive. I start to cry. What is Cato going to think? What are the rest of them going to think?

~Present Time (Annie is alive, that happy stuff, y'all know when)~

"WHAT!?" We all turn on each other and accuse each other of these things. Finnick shakes Annie back awake. "So, can you repeat that?" He asks.

"You didn't hear me Finny? Pity. It is a mouthful," Annie told him. Finnick looked at her in complete shock. Finnick gets tears in his eyes and walks (as fast as he can on crutches) quickly out of the room.

I turn and see Cato looking at me with big shocked eyes. He looks so surprised. "Is it true?" He whispers. I feel tears starting to form in my eyes. I nod and run out of the room. Maybe Finnick and I can form a pity club. Pity Club: Population: Clove and Finnick. I start to look for Finnick. He is like a big brother to me, maybe he can help. Maybe I can help him. I rub my eyes and look at my location. Hospital. Where would he go? Hmmm..... BEACH! He always goes there. But not when he is depressed. He goes to... NO. No. No. Not there. Anywhere but there. I run out of the hospital, and run to my car. I start it up and drive to Finnick's safe (not really) place. 

<-Finnick's POV--<<

How could Annie say that? How could she be so mean? That's not the Annie I know. That crash did something. Thoughts like these raced through my head as I walked on my crutches out of the room. I tried to run (it turned into walking) out of the hospital and started heading towards my safe place. I don't think it necessarily counts as "safe" but to me it is. And no one will be able to find me. Except..... Clove. I showed her my safe spot a long time ago, and she has an amazing memory, so...... I'm screwed.

I look around again. I'm on the highway. Then I go to the left side. Shit. I'm on the right side of the highway. I get to play roadrunner!! I was the champion at this game when we were kids. Okay. There is a blocker in the middle of the road. If I sprint to that without crutches, I can wait till I can sprint to the other side. Got it. Ready Finnick? Ready, set.... GO!

I start to run as fast as I can, and I make it to the blocker. Next stop, other side of the road. Why did the Finnick cross the street? To get to his safe place. Ready, set.... GO! I run till my legs feel like falling off. I'm almost there. Then I look down. Oh yea. I forgot about that part. There might be a huge river underneath me. My safe spot is under this bridge, in the water, by the all the drunks, hobos, suicidals, and drug dealers. Shit! I walk to the edge. I stand on the gate blocking the river. I count backwards from three.

"Three, two, one," I count to myself. Then I jump.

"FINNICK!!!" I hear Clove's voice as I fall into the water. I hit the water with a hard force. It is freezing! My hands are too cold to wipe my eyes. I just kick in the icey water. I feel like passing out, but not before a deafening scream and a bone braking splash filled my ear. Then I black out.

<-Clove's POV--<<

I start driving even faster. Why did Finnick do this? He already has a bunch of casts on and too many broken bones. I step on the gas. I reach the highway, and screech to a halt. I run to the left side. I witness Finnick jump off the bridge. "FINNICK!!!!" I scream in despair, trying to make him stop. This kid is gonna kill himself. Or die now from fucking drowning. I run up to the edge, and without hesitation, jump.