Time For Gym!

<-Finnick's POV--<<

I finish eating, then I sprint to the gym. I wonder where Johanna is. I run and run and run. The gym is on the other side of the building, about as far away from the cafeteria as you can get. I rush in, then start singing, "I AM THE CHAMPION, MY FRIENDS, OOOOHHHH!!!!!" I feel a tap on my shoulder, and turn. Of course. Johanna.

"What? W-W-WHAT?!?! YOU BEAT ME!?!?" I say in mock shock. I pretend to be offended. Jo just rolls her eyes and walks to the girls locker room. I start sulking into the boys locker room. I find the locker that I use every year and run to it.

My locker. I know it's mine because it has a huge dent in the front from the time I rammed my head into it to try and open the door. And the fact that I have never taken any of my stuff out of it, even during the summer. There are a couple pictures of Annie, and a couple of the entire group. And a bunch of old socks. My locker, ladies and gents. I pull on something that doesn't smell like a dead pig, then run down back into the gym.

I look at everyone else. People are filing into the gym, and heading to the locker rooms. I then realize something. I'm down here first. I can sign up for all the good clubs and teams. I smile then sprint off. I head to a couple tables to sign up for the perfect teams.

Every year on the first day of gym, all we do is go around and sign up for teams and clubs and auditions. In senior year you can be the president, captain, or leader of the team. I plan on being captain of every team I sign up for next year. I mean, I will get them. I am Finnick Odair.

I decided to wait for the rest of my friends after I finished signing up for all the groups that I wanted to be in. God, those people are slow!!! All I can do is watch the hours tick by. Okay, maybe minutes. Fine, seconds. But it felt like forever.

When they finally all came down, the boys and girls split up. I made them all sign up for tryouts for football and hockey. I had also signed up for swimming, but thg don't need to know.

After signing up, we decided to scare the girls. We all walked silently, then I covered Annie's eyes and ears. She started kicking and screaming. It was hilarious. "FINNICK!!!" Annie started yelling. I could tell she was angry. I smiled and let her go. "What did you guys sign up for?" Marvel asked.

"Cheerleading and dance. Annie signed up for swimming and singing too," Glimmer announced. Johanna looked annoyed for being dragged into dance and cheerleading. Clove giggled, then we all split up for our next classes.