After School

<-Marvel's POV--<<

~After School ~

The girls all had cheerleading tryouts and the guys all had football tryouts. Hockey is in the winter. We are all in a big group. All I can think is how pretty Glimmer looks right now. Her hair shining, her voice dancing with laughter, everything. Perfect.

I am broken from my Glimmer fantasy by Cato. "Dude. Are you alive? You look like you're drooling all over Glimmer," Cato tells me. I elbow him in the gut and then ignore him. We say bye to the girls then start walking down to tryouts. The coach is Brutus Ostby, and he also coaches hockey. He is apparently amazing at coaching, but can be really intense. I'm a bit nervous.

I walk out, and hope for the very best.

<-Annie's POV--<<

Cheerleading. I love it. I'm so excited to tryout. All of the girls signed up for tryouts. I know most of us won't get it though. Its extremely challenging.

I hear Enobaria Brooks call us over. Enobaria is in charge of cheerleading, dance, and swimming. I don't have to deal with her at singing, at least. We all start to walk over, and I see who I'm dealing with. There's Clove, Glim, Jo, Kat, Delly, Mari, Carolyn, Evelyn, and about 20 more. I start to get a bit more worried.

"Okay girls. I'm going to teach you a very simple routine. It's one we teach to the middle school, then the remaining girls will do a harder one. Got it?" We all nod. Then it starts.

The routine is easy enough, and I able to do it pretty well. Then evaluation. We each do the routine alone, and Enobaria will evaluate us. "Annie Cresta?" a voice says. I walk up, and start. I flip, jump, twirl, and everything. I watch my girls and the others go. I'm very nervous. Then Enobaria walks back to us.

"Okay. Okay. Here's who will stay longer for further evaluation. Annie Cresta, Katniss Everdeen, Delly Cartwright, Carolyn Garcia, Mari Oace, Evelyn Elle, Hannah Omodt, Luci Johnston, Addy Ney, Natalie Ketelsen, Elizabeth Cannon, and Natalie Diekmanson. The rest of you can leave," Enobaria told us. I sighed and turned to Kat. I smiled, and so did she.

But then I turned. Glimmer and Clove were stalking away, whispering. Johanna was smiling. She found a way to almost break Enobaria's neck. That way she didn't have to cheer. She is an evil genius. I have a bad feeling though.

~After tryouts~

"Omg. I think I died," Kat said panting. I think I did to, to be honest. Glimmer and Clove didn't join us. Odd, they usually would. Too bad that it is only Tuesday. I think.

I walk up behind Finnick. I jump on his back, and cover my eyes. But something unexpected happens. He puts me down, and says, "Annie, can we talk in private now?" I just have a confused look. "Um, okay Finn," I reply.

I follow him, and we end up under an old oak tree. I sit down on the ground, and look at him. I could stare into those sea green eyes forever. "Annie, I'm breaking up with you," Finnick says. I sit in shock. Breaking up? But, what? "Why?" I ask him. All he does is get up and walk away. I start to cry, and run home.

When I finally get home, I run to my closet and pull out my pocket knife. I've heard about cutting, and have heard it has been known to ease pain. So I cut. And cut. And cut.

Who knew that so much could happen in one day??

~

~

~

~

~

~
Pond's Note: I used some names in here that real people have. For Brutus and Enobaria, I gave the second half of their name to them in honor of coaches that have greatly affected my life. And some of the cheerleaders are real people in my life. So yay. And I am not trying to make cutting a good thing. Yea. My book.
I'll shut up now.