Hospital

<-Finnick's POV--<<

~2 Hours Earlier~

Gale and Peeta just came over. "Hey! Wanna go surfing?" I ask them. Peeta just gives me a look. "Dude. It's September," he tells me. Gale just seems amused. Then Peeta gets a phone call. "Katniss. Gotta take this. Be right back." We nod and go sit down. We get out some soda and are just about to start up Survivor, when Peeta comes back in.

"Gale. Get a crowbar. Finnick, get your car keys now. We have to go to Annie's," he says, nervously but sternly. Why do we have to go to Annie's? I honestly don't want to see her after breaking up with her. I didn't want to though. My dad forced me. I have to get a girlfriend that will be a respectable lady. Blah. I grab my keys, and Gale and Peeta run out with me to the car. "Step on it you idiot," Peeta yells, and we zoom off.

We get to Annie's house in under 3 minutes. "Thank God you guys are here!" Katniss yelled. We all hop out of the car. Johanna and Katniss tell us everything. Oh God. I hope Annie's okay. We break open the door, and run in. "ANNIE!!!!!!!!" I run up to the upstairs bathroom. I bang on the locked door. I end up pulling it off it's hinges. I'm shocked with what I see. A blood caked, passed out Annie. I scream. My Annie. Close to dead.

I pick her up bridal style, and carry her out of the bathroom. Katniss is in the hallway, and I hear her scream. I carry my little Annie down the stairs and yell to Kat. "CALL 911!!!!!!" Katniss had called them, and I just checked her for a pulse. I can't find it. Breathing? Close to none. I am close to tears. I'm sitting on the couch with her in my arms. Gale, Peeta, Jo, and Kat are all around me. I see Jo crying. Johanna Aspen Mason doesn't cry. Kat is also crying.

The ambulance arrives. They come in, and lift her little body on the stretcher. I see her pale porcelain body be carried out. I try to get back to her, but she's already in the ambulance. I get into my car with the rest of the gang packed inside, and zoom to the hospital. All I can think of is her. Her smile that could lift up the mood of a room. Her hair that always smelled of the beach and strawberries. Her eyes, her bright ocean blue eyes. My Annie. My Annalise Evelyn Cresta.

In the blink of an eye, we reach the hospital. I run in, followed by Gale, Peeta, Kat, and Jo. I go to the front desk. "Annie, Annie Cresta. Just got here. Please let me see her," I tell the lady.

She looks up. "Are ya family?"

"Um, no but we're her friends. Please," I plead. The woman thinks.

"Wait an hour. That's the earliest I can let in guests. Family first. But," she starts to whisper, "But, I can try to let you see her now. It's a weird rule. Go in. Room 274."

I smile. "Thank you!!!!" We all run to the elevator, then go up to see my little Annie. We run down the hall to her room. It's on the second floor ICU. We screech to a halt, then walk to her room. I peek in, and am shocked by what I see. Little Annie has tubes attached all over her, and has an IV in her arm. Little Annie looks like she is dead. A doctor walks in. "Hello, I'm the Doctor. Just, the Doctor. So, this is Annalise Cresta?"

I nod. "Annie Cresta," I tell him. He nods then looks at his chart. "Okay, she has suffered major blood loss. She also has multiple scars that bleed a lot. She also suffers a concussion and a bit of internal bleeding. There is a couple broken ribs and quite a few bruises. There might be something wrong with her lungs, but we can't be sure till the internal bleeding clears up," he tells us.

I fall to my knees. No, this can't be happening. I bury my face in my hands, and Gale and Peeta have to pull me out of the room for a minute. I cool down, then walk back in. Jo is sitting in a chair, eating some chips she managed to snatch. Katniss is calling Annie's parents. "Hey guys. Do you think we should call Glimmer, Clove, Cato, and Marvel?" Gale asks.

"Well, you could call them. They don't have to come," Peeta says. We all nod and Peeta calls them. We hear screeches, and Annie's parents and Clove, Cato, Marvel, and Glimmer are all here. Annie's parents run into the room. "Oh Annie," I hear her mom say. We all step out to give them a minute. Then a screech and halt, screech and halt. It's the guys and gals. They run up to her room. We walk back in. Annie's little body is surrounded by people.

The Doctor is back. "Hello. So, Annalise is in a bad condition, so we're going to put her in a coma so we can fix her up. She won't die. She'll be in a medical coma," he tells us. We all look down at Annie. Then Marvel speaks up. "Isn't the Doctor a character who is an alien in some sci-fi show?" The Doctor slowly backs away, then runs out of the room.

I look down at Annie. I kneel beside her bed. She won't know that I broke up with her so I wouldn't have to lose her. She won't know that I gave her up for the best. She won't know I gave her up for love.