Beach Fun

<-Annie's POV--<<

"HEY EVERYONE! GRAB YOUR SWIMSUIT! WE ARE GOING TO THE BEACH!!" Finn yells from the window.

A bunch of running and shouting ensued. I didn't wanna go, seeing as I was dead tired, but guess who was forced down to the beach? Me.

After the 20 minutes it took for everyone to grab their stuff, we all ran down there. I walked. I ain't crazy! Finnick was the lead of the pack, as always. Madge decided to walk with me. We arrived when everyone was grabbing their surf boards and swim gear. Madge left me in the sand while she grabbed her board. After everyone came out of the little hut, I looked them up and down.

Katniss had a forest green surfboard, with little orange lettering in the corner. She still had her braid in. Her swimsuit was a stripped bikini that looked a lot like, hey wait- "Katniss! Did you steal my swimsuit???" I yelled.

"He. He. He. Heh. Maybe? But hey you have tons of suits!" She called back.

"Fine," I said rolling my eyes.

I continue to look at everyone. Peeta with everything in a pretty sunset orange hue. Glimmer with her sparkly hot pink board and a even sparklier swimsuit. Clove with a studded board (not sure how she even surfs with it) and a silver suit. Cato and Marvel in matching blue and read suits, and matching boards. Thresh, with his board covered with corny jokes. Madge and her fandom covered board and Supernatural swimsuit. Johanna, with forest green everything. Gale, with a male version of everything Jo has. Foxface with her little reminders of home.

And finally, Finn. He has his dorky little sailor swimsuit on. And his board is one if my favorites. It's ocean blue, with hints of green. At the bottom, there's a little picture. And it's of us. Sitting there. From a long time ago at a summer camp. I know the little words right by us.

'Only you, only you.'

I smile and walk to grab my board from the hut. It's seafoam green, with hints of blue. And, just like Finn's, it has a picture. It's of a little seashell, and has a little pearl with words around it.

'Only you, only you.'

<-Finnick's POV--<<

I turn and see Annie come out of the little hut. She is flawless. She's wearing that swimsuit that always makes her look slightly better than her other ones. She put her short hair into a little ponytail. Annie. My Annie.

"Finn! Wanna surf?" I hear.

"Sure Ann!" I call. I race Annie to the water. I paddle out and wait. There's a decent wave coming up, so I decide to catch it. I wait, then get up. The feeling, just the feeling of the wind and water. The smell of the ocean. The slight taste of saltwater.

"FINNICK! OPEN YOUR EYES!" I hear screams and look. Oh yea, might wanna pay attention.

I fall off the wave, and am about to get ready for the next one. When I'm ready, I catch another one. I decide to start swimming, because there aren't many good waves right now. I run and put my board on the sand. I run to the water and start to swim. Annie comes out to swim with me too. But she has a little smirk.

"FINNICK! FINN!!!!!!! SWIM!!!!!!" Annie suddenly yells.

"Huh? What?" What the hell is Ann talking about?

"FINN! S-SH-SHARK!!!!!!!!!" She yells. I turn and see a huge gray fin coming towards Annie. She starts to swim, and so do I. I swim close to her, and wrap my arm around her waist and swim even faster. I don't notice the fact that I'm dragging her underwater till we get on land. I throw her onto the sand and turn to face the shark.

"WHAT THE FUCK THRESH!?!?" I yell. Thresh had stood up from the water with our fake shark fin in his hands. I turn and see all of my friends laughing at me. Annie laughing in the sand, and Cato so close to tears he is rolling in the sand.

"Not cool you asshole," I tell him as I shove him under.

"Dude!" Thresh yells.

"What dude?" I taunt.

A circle of splashing, swearing, and laughs soon ensues. God, what would I do without these idiots in my life?

<-Katniss's POV--<<

We all come into Finnick's house after our short swim. Well, actually it was 4 hours, but who's counting? I look at the clock, and its almost 11. "Guys, what about a movie?" I suggest.

"HORROR! SCI-FI! COMEDY! ROMANCE!" I hear.

' "MEAN GIRLS!" ' is the only actual title I hear, so I get that started on the TV. We all fit in our normal spots. Annie, Finnick, Peeta, and I all squished in together on the huge plushy couch. Madge, Gale, Johanna, and Thresh fit on the less comfy couch. The rest are in chairs.

And that's how we spent the night. Watching and rewatching Mean Girls. And that was one of the best days.

Hey y'all! Sorry for not updating. School has been hell. Same with everything else. I try to update.
Kisses!
Pond