The Baby Is...

<-Cato's POV--<<

Clove and I got back from her appointment/ultrasound/whatever the hell they are called. They told us what the baby was, gender wise. On the way to Finnick's place, we thought about names. "Do you want it to be common, unique, or something dumb like P-Nut? Because Thresh told me he is naming his baby that," I tell Clove.

"Well Thresh is kinda an idiot. What person would name their baby P-Nut?" Clove retorted.

"Thresh apparently," I tell her.

That shut Clove up for a bit. We continued to drive in silence.

"Do you want to tell the guys, or me?" Clove asked.

"Um. You can...?" I say.

"Oky," she says.

And the drive continues in our awkward little silence. When I pull up to the house, we grab our stuff and walk into the building.

"Hi!" Clove says. All of them are packed onto the couch, with a very angry Madge in the center and OUAT playing on the TV screen.

"Do y'all wanna know the gender?" I ask.

"Sure. Ya. Hell ya. Fuck. Move. Tell us," Were some of the phrases coming from our friends.

"The baby is a.... Girl!!" Clove says.

"Yay! Congrats! Woopdeedo. What are some names?"

"Thanks guys," we say.

"So. I wanna go swimming," Finnick says.

"So. That ain't gonna happen," Annie says.

"So. I'm gonna go to sleep," I say. I walk upstairs, go to the guestroom, and drift to sleep. Sleep is nice. A break where you can forget everything.

<-Foxface's POV--<<

We all continue sitting on the couch after Cato leaves. "Um. Do we wanna go do shit?" I ask.

"No. No. No," Jo says.

"Why?" We all question.

"I'm lazy. And tired. And it is nearing midnight," Jo responds.

"Dude it is 5 PM," Kat says.

"Should we watch Family Guy?" I question.

"Not Peeta," Marvel adds.

"Why the hell not?" Peeta retorts.

"You have to cook," Glimmer says.

"Aw. Why me?" He asks.

"Cuz you can actually cook. I'll hang with ya in the kitchen," Kat tells him.

"We will never get food if it is just you two," Madge says.

"Yea. Madge and I will be in there too," Thresh says.

"Oky. Um. I'll be in the backyard," I say. I stand up and walk to the back porch. I open the sliding glass door and look around.

Finnick has a huge backyard. It stretches all the way down to the beach. You can go to the patio then there is some grass. After about 10 feet of grass it turns into a wheat type of grass. Then the sand begins. And then there is the water. He has his own beach hut and his own, like, ocean. It is amazing.

I run back inside and grab my swimsuit. I pull it on and run back outside. I run through the wheatgrass then through the sand down to the grass. I run to his beach hut and pick the shitty lock. I grab a silver surfboard that looks like little lights are coming out of it. I grew up in the District 5 area of this place, so I was a power electronic nut. I run to the water and paddle out.

The feeling you get when you finally catch a wave is amazing. You can stand and you feel so alive. Today the waves are super strong. I catch one in the first five minutes, but I fall off. I accidentally hit my head with my board. Ow, I think to myself.

I run back in and paddle out. Gonna catch this one. I know it. I don't. I catch the one after it, but I stay up this time. After an hour of this I put the board away and start to swim. I feel alone. The guys should come. It is our fav weather. Super awesome warm water with cloudy skies. I'll send them the signal.

I hop out and go back to the beach hut. I pull down a little ladder and climb up it. I grab the purple beach towel and wave it around. Then I text Finnick.

To: Finnick The Sex God
From: Finch the Fox
Dude. Purple towel. Must look out beach window.
Fox.

I hate having a shitty phone. I look to see the beach window. Finnick holds up the green towel, which means they are coming.

To: Finch the Fox
From: Finnick the Sea God
Coming right now. *Sea not sex you idjit.
Sea God

You idiot. I jump down the ladder and run and grab my board. Time for fun.

Hey y'all! I am so sorry I haven't updated in forever. So much school and writers block. I'm working on the next chapter now. Love y'all!
Kisses!
Pond