Chapter Two

(disclaimer; fake information & possible triggers ahead)

I glanced at the clock next to the cafeteria door and saw it was 7:26, I have to be in class by 7:30.

I start to speed walk to the closet staircase to me, so I don't get in trouble. I went up the stairs and took a left to find my locker, number 3024. I reached it and turned my lock to the correct combination.

Exchanged for the things I needed and didn't need for first period, slammed my locker shut and ran to my first class of the day, science.

I stepped foot in the class as the bell rang. I sighed in relief once again and took a seat at my desk in the back of the room. I took out my textbook and started to read the assigned pages when the announcements came on over the intercom.

"Good Morning, today is a day 2 Blue, October 2, 2017. Now the pledge will be lead by Cassie Walker and Brook Sanders," everything turned and swung their legs over the chair and stood up.

I placed my right hand on the left side of my chest, "I pledge of allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic of which it stands- one nation under God and indivisible with liberty and justice to all" my class said in unison. "Please stay standing for a moment of silence" I stood closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

After a few seconds a sound muffled through the intercom, "please stay standing for an extra moment of silence for those who passed away during the Las Vegas shooting that occurred last night" my eyes started to burn at the thought of innocent people's lives being stolen.

I could feel my vision start to blur, I quickly slid my finger under my eyes attempting to block the tears from falling, "now, as you might know over 200 people were injured and 8 were killed. I have a list of names of those who passed away," she took a deep breath and continued. "Alyssa Wills, at 23 years old, Bob Stevens, 48 years old, James Carter, at 19 years, Karen Deed, 44 years old, Jamie Colt at 21, David Ladin at 51, Alexander Laron, 33 years old, finally Corbyn Besson, at 18 years old."