Chapter Ten

I could feel my eyes widen, "uh- yea- yes- yes Daniel I would love to," I stutter. There was silence for a little while, everyone around me left my frame of vision. It was just Daniel and I- nobody else.

We just admired each other, until the waitress came. That's when we snapped out of the trance and began to eat our food, "so-" I start, "when is this date?" "Tonight, I will pick you up at 7- dress casual, we are going on an adventure if you know what I mean." Daniel replies scratching the back of his neck.

I smile and nod, we make small talk while finishing our pancakes, pay the bill which Daniel refused to let me do and left. When we got in the car Daniel spoke, "want me to drop you off at your house?" "yes please" I say and we drive off to my house. Once we get there I thank Daniel and rush in the house to tell my mom what had happened. "Mom!" I yell not even in the house yet, "I have so much to tell you!" I heard a laugh from behind me and Daniel was still in his car, I blush and slam the door closed. "Hey Macy!" My mom says excitedly walking in from the living room, "Mom, so much happened!" I squeal. Her eyes widen, "spill" I share wither her about the kiss, and the date tonight. "Can I help you pick an outfit?" She asks, "of course, he said to wear something casual- we are going on a adventure." She thought for a second, "Alright, I would say maybe leggings and a crop top. But let's see what you have" I nod and she follows me upstairs to my dresser. I open my drawers and she starts browsing through my drawers, until she finds something she likes. I shower while she chooses, when I get out of the shower and wrap my body in a towel I go back to my room to see my moms choice. Black leggings, a peach crop top with a decal of a peach on the right corner and Adidas sneakers. She also recommended I should braid my hair, I braid my hair into 2 braids and step back to look at myself in the mirror, "perfect" I smile and my moms decision. "Good job mom" I look at the time, it is only 6:29 I play Spongebob Moves In on my phone. Once 6:55 hits, I go to the bathroom. And touch up the little bit of makeup I put on and went down stairs and sat on the couch, once the door bell rang I shot up from my seat and opened the door. "Hello love" Daniel says smiling. "Hey Daniel" "ready to go?" He asks me, I nod. "Mum I'm leaving now!" "Alright sweetie, have fun!" "I will!" I respond and Daniel takes my hand and we walk to his car, him opening the door for me. Once we get in the car and sit in silence for a bit I decide to break the ice, "so where are we going?" I ask, clearly curious. He didn't take his eyes off the road, "to a place that means a lot to me" I smile, does that mean I mean a lot to him? I sigh and look out the window admiring the view. When we were almost there Daniel told me to close my eyes. So I did and waited until Daniel gave me more instructions, once I felt the car come to a stop I heard a door open and close, then I felt something warm touch my arm and lead me out of the car. "We're here" Daniel announced, "open your eyes." The moment I did, I was in shock when I saw the sign Yosemite National Park. "I love hiking!" I squeal, "I'm glad" he laughs, "because I do too." I take his hand and hurry him to the mountain.
-
We were both panting as we reached the waterfall, but must I say it was beautiful. *top picture* we both stared at it, admired it. "Wow" I say, "it's almost as beautiful as you" Daniel comments, I giggle. There was no body else on the mountain, Daniel gripped my hand tighter and spun my around and kissed my lips. Suddenly I hear a crackle, I look up to face the sky and I see fireworks going off, I glance over at Daniel and smile and look back at the sky. The colors in the dark are making out words; 'Macy will you be my girlfriend?' I look over at the boy who is biting his lip, nervous. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss in again. This one was deeper and more intense, I smile and nod, "yes" he smiles and we hug- for a long time.