Chapter Nine

I stood their in shock, how does he know I'm here? "Who knows you're here?" Daniel says walking up to me. I attempt to hide the brick, not wanting to worry him.

"No one," I say quickly, "I know you're lying, Macy." I look down and shake my head. "I'm not lying," I bit the side of my cheek. "I know you are, please tell me." I look up, my eyes connect with his. He looks worried, very worried in fact.

"Seriously nothing's wrong, everything is just- peachy." I smile, "something's up," Daniel says.

With every stride Daniel takes towards me, I go backward until my back was pressed against the wall.

Daniel places two hands on the wall, looking down at me. "Macy, tell me please," he kissed my nose gently, and sighed.

"Um- well" I look down, Daniel leads me to the bed, yet the brick is still secure in my hand. "It's um- this" I say pulling the brick from behind my back. He takes the object from me and scans it. He throws it at the ground in anger. I whimper and when he sees me his face softens.

"No one is ever going to hurt you again, love" He pulled me closer, and rolled up the bottom of my pants ever so slightly and placed his warm hand on my ankle, he rubbed his thumb on my bare skin- calming me down.

(edit; omg i used to do this all the time when i was sad or angry/needed to calm down)

I take a deep breathe. "You don't know that," I hugged him tightly. "Want to get some lunch?" He asks checking the clock on his nightstand, 11:24. I nod and he takes my hand and kisses it. I blush and we exit the room.

"Are you guys ok?" "Do you need anything?" "What happened?" We get blasted with questions the second we close the door behind us. "Yes, no, and just a broken window."

They smile, (edit; as if breaking the freaking window is no big deal) "now me and Macy are going for lunch," Daniel explains, "Macy and I" I correct. He chuckles and we head out the door an into the car.

Daniel reaches for the AUX cord a few minutes after we get settled in. He plays Hold On *play video at top* "this will be our song" he says as the beginning music starts to play.

Once I listen to some of the lyrics, I smile. He reaches over from the driver seat and places his hand on mine. These are the lines that mean the most to me, and really stuck out. Lyrics that I will always remember.

I can't imagine a world with you gone

I'd be so lost if you let me alone

Hold on I still want you

Hold on I still need you

I swear to love you all my life

I just wanna take you home

(edit; y'all like just met, you're acting like you're about to get married)

After I soak in the lyrics I glance at Daniel, he is happy. Once we reach the small diner we are visiting for lunch Daniel speaks, "wait here" I listen to him and stay in the vehicle as I watch him walk in front of the car and over to the passenger door.

He pulls open the door, I allow my lips to curve into a slight smile. "Thank you kind sir" I say kissing his cheek. He lets me walk away before he shuts the door, locking the car right after. I pull open the door to the restaurant, "after you, sir." He chuckles, pecks me a kiss on my lips, and walks into the restaurant.

I stay and hold the door for an upcoming elderly couple coming my way and up the stairs to the diner. "Are you guys together?" The woman asks me politely, "no" I reply, "just wait," she winks and thanks me and walks in with her husband following her. I feel my face heating up from the comment she just made. What did she mean though? (edit; it's pretty obvious dumbass)

I brush the thought off and head into the restaurant where I see Daniel sitting at a booth waving me over, the older couple sits at the table diagonal from us.

We order our drinks, I get water and he gets milk, we decide to share a stack of pancakes. When the waitress walks away Daniel holds my hands with his on top of the table and looks me in the eyes.

"Macy- um- can I ask you something?" I look over at the woman I had talked to when we walked in, she was looking our way. (creepy) She nodded at me, I shift my eyes back on the boy in front of me. "Of course" I smile. "Would you like to go on a date with me?"