Chapter Thirty

As I reach it she pushes her short, thin hair behind her ear. "What can I do for you today?" "I would like to remove my tattoos." I say lifting my arms to observe them, "and I want to get one tattoo."

"This is going to hurt," the woman with dark brown hair tells me, staring at me with her dark blue eyes. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I nod and she proceeds and drags the machine over my arms. I bit the inside of my lip and process the words over in my head. 'Macy will be happy, she wants the old you, this is the old you. It's who you're becoming right now. For her.' As she finishes I inhale and exhale, allowing my stress to float away from me, suddenly disappearing out the door and into the whistling wind. "Now.." she trails off looking at a sheet of paper. "You want to get a tattoo of this?" she hold up the part with the words 'hold on I still want you' I nod.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

As I pull up into the driveway I admire the newly fresh tattoo on my right forearm. I️ take a deep breath and shut off the car and open the door. As I️ step out I️ notice that the van is gone, she left. I️ sigh and walk to the front door, swinging it open in defeat, hanging my head down low.

o o o o o o o M a c y s P O V o o o o o o o

The others left to go to walk around at the beach and hang out, Daniel went somewhere to do errands or something like that, so I️ was home alone. I️ sat on the couch and put on a random channel, it happened to be a cooking show. I️ watched about 15 minutes of a man bake a vanilla cake frosted with chocolate frosting and many decorations before the door opened. I️ figured that somebody forgot to bring something with them to the beach and was coming back to get it, so I ignored them. "Macy" I️ hear from the right of me, I️ turn around to see the familiar figure walking towards me clear from the ink that was on his arms presumably about an hour ago. I stare at him blankly, "y-y-your arms Daniel. They're bare, they're ink free, I can see your skin." I stand up and go over to him and gently grab his left arm and pull it closer to me and examine it. He chuckles while I rub the skin, checking if it's makeup. I drop that arm and pick up the other one, checking that one out also. I notice that there is one tattoo on his right forearm. I twist the arm around, making it face upwards it to get a better look, "Daniel..." I say trailing off. "You did not" he nods in response to my statement. I hold my hand up to my face in awe and wrap my arms around him, "maybe you will change" I whisper in his ear. We stay holding each other for a little while longer before pulling apart. "I- I'm going to get some groceries" I lie. Daniel nods and checks his arm out once more before before allowing his feet to pull him up the staircase. I grab the keys from the counter, pull open and slip out the door. I shove the keys into the slot after getting in the car, I let a big breath in and out and insert the AUX cord into the small hole of my phone. I put my spodify playlist on shuffle and back out of the driveway, shockingly enough Hold On comes on. I smile at remembering the past and memories Daniel and I had together, and gladly shared, singing along to the lyrics as I drive along to the tattoo parlor.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

The bell at the top of the door rings as I open it, telling everyone inside that I had just entered. "Hello" says a warm, friendly female voice. I️ nod "Hi" I️ walk up to the front desk. "I️ am interested in getting a tattoo today," the woman nods and waves me over closer. "Do you have an idea of what you would like?" "yes I️ do actually, I️ would like the words 'come back I️ still need you'" the lady squints her eyes. "Does that go along with the lyric 'hold on I️ still want you?'" I️ chuckle and laugh. "I️ recon he came in earlier huh?" She laughs as well and nods. "We had a rough past and I️ really want the old him back, and so I️ guess he wants to change for me." I️ smile, "do you know the same font he had, I️ would like that one." She holds up a finger, signaling for me to hold on a minute and disappears to the back room. Minutes later she enters with a paper that reads 'come back I️ still need you.'

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

"I️ love it!" I️ exclaim, staring at my first tattoo. "It didn't even hurt that bad, thank you. I️ can't wait to show him!" I️ hand her the money I️ owe and walk out the door waving to her as I️ leave. I️ get in the car and drive away, pressing on the petal heavily. He's going to love it, he's going to love it. I️ repeat in my head reassuringly as I️ pull up to the house. Inhaling and exhaling multiple times I️ exit the vehicle and slowly approach the front door, I️ place my hand on the handle and think out the plan in my head. What I'm going to say, what I'm going to do. I️ take one last breath before finding myself pushing down in the medal handle causing the door to be pushed open. I️ shut the door softly behind me and search the room for Daniel, he isn't in sight. I️ look around the entire bottom floor. No Daniel. I️ decide to take a look upstairs, but before I️ look for Daniel I️ go into Jacks room and go through his drawers. Picking out a pair of gray joggers, a baggy Why Don't We sweatshirt and throwing my hair into a messy bun. I️ run to the closest bathroom and take the makeup wipes from the cabinet frantically, wiping my face roughly and hard. I️ am scrubbing harshly because I️ want things to be back the way they were so badly. I️ miss Daniel more than anything, and if he wants the old Macy. He will get it. Dying to get the makeup off my face I️ scrub harder, once its all off I️ examine myself in the tall skinny mirror next to the counter. I️ like it, it's lazy, playful and cute. I️ go looking for Daniel, the first place I️ will check is his room I️ thought, walking up to the door I️ press my hand on the cold door handle but suddenly chose to knock first. So I️ do, "come in!" I️ hear from inside the room. I️ take this last minute to gather myself together, inhaling, exhaling, opening the door. I️ see the blue eyed boy sitting on his bed with his guitar on his lap and paper next to him on his nightstand. We make eye contact for a moment before I️ look away, him looking down seconds after. "Daniel" I️ start walking closer to him until I️ am approximately a foot away, "I️-um" instead of speaking I️ roll up my sleeve, revealing the ink that I️ got permanently imprinted into my skin not too long ago. He looks at it for a long while, "Daniel you want the old me, I️ want the old you. Please" I️ beg. "I️ want things to be like they used to be," Daniel took a deep breath and held my arm in his grasp. "You made a commitment for me, and I️ made one for you. The ink you got in your arm is permanent and is painful to remove-" before he could finish I️ cut him off. "You removed your tattoos Daniel, which is painful. You did it for me, and I'm sure as hell I would do anything to get the old you, the old us back because I️ want the old Daniel again" I️ searched his eyes for a response but failed to get one. "Oh my god" Daniel announced after a moment of awkward silence, "it's true" I️ look at him confused, furrowing my eyebrows. "I️ still need you" "and I️ still want you," I️ respond seconds later. Daniel pulls me in for a long, warm hug, embracing me again like he once did 10 months ago. After we part the hug he gently places his hands on my hips and leans in, and I️ do too. Once our lips attach I feel the magic I️ did before, the sensation of being in Daniels arms warms my heart again. Realizing how good it feels I️ deepen the kiss, placing my arms around his neck. "I️ love you so much Macy Woods" Daniel whispers after we kiss. "I️ love you too Daniel Seavey."

hey! i hope you enjoyed this chapter!

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

word count: 1642