Where IT all began

Eddie's POV
"Ok hun, don't be scared. Just take a deep breath, and go in," My mother said sweetly as I hesitated to walk into my first grade class.
"But mom, I don't know anyone here!" I cried, clutching onto her arm.
Just then, a boy with short brown hair whose face looked somewhat of a girl's came up next to me. He was taller than I was, and I overheard him speaking to his parents.
"M-Mom! I t-think I left my lunchbox at h-home. W-We should g-go back for it." He whimpered. It seems I wasn't the only one afraid to start at a new school, which made me feel a little better. I guess my mom decided that since I was distracted, it was her chance to make a break for it, because when i turned around, she had disappeared. Come on Kaspbrak, get yourself together. Just go in! I thought to myself. Taking a deep breath, I stepped forward.

Bill's POV
The short boy next to me was braver than I was. Having the courage to walk in that room was incredible. I could just imagine the rest of my school years being called an outcast, a loser, and never having any friends. If only they knew, I thought, That I'd never have a stutter in my mind? It's just my mouth that holds back on forming words. My parents nudged my back, saying something reassuring that I couldn't quite make out because all my attention had gone to someone else across from me, sitting right there in that room. Noodle-like curls and the sweetest eyes anyone could ever witness belonged to that someone. Is it possible to fall in love on the first day of first grade? Maybe.

Stanley's POV
Sticking my tongue out as I intensely scribbled a bright green dinosaur, I had the feeling someone was watching me. I thought about my father's office, and how I would always feel the creepy painting's eyes on me, but this was different. Very different. I turned to my right and nearly dropped my crayon. A tingling sensation took over my entire body when my eyes locked with a boy's beautiful green ones, and it was like I was actually seeing a person for the first time. As in the way he stood, the way he saw through me, the way it was as if we were meant to meet, locking eyes right in this very room. Just then someone screamed.

Richie's POV
"Hey bitches!" I burst through the doorway, shoving a skinny tall boy to the ground. A curly-haired boy rushed to his aid and awkwardly helped him up. "Mr. Tozier, you know better than to use that type of foul language in here. Go sit outside and think about what you have done." It stung a little, being scolded, but I'd dealt with much worse, so I calmly walked out of the classroom and sank into the wall just outside the door. Running my fingers through my hair, I winced, remember the bruise that had recently been created. There was a loud crash from inside the classroom, and someone squealed. I turned to see what it was right as the door flung open and a small boy frantically ran out. He seemed to trip over his shoelace and he ran his face into the opposite wall. Wheezing, he reached into his pocket and when he came out empty handed, he started feeling around the floor for something. I realized there was a small piece of plastic on the floor, and reached over to grab it. He must've seen it too, because he gasped and stretched out his arm as well. His fingertips grazed mine, and as we both looked up, my breath hitched. Sitting before me, breathing heavily, was the most amazing being in the world. I just knew it. Nothing else mattered, only that I had just met my soulmate.

Eddie's POV
Black dots had started to crowd my eyes just as I spotted my inhaler in front of me. Someone else's hand reached down just as mine did and I looked up, still gasping. Suddenly, I forgot I couldn't breathe. Just inches from my face was the most beautiful boy I had ever seen. A dark brown curly mess lay atop his head, and thick square glasses rested on his nose, making his chocolate eyes look larger. This exact moment made me forget everything. This exact emotion made me forget all other emotions. Shaking my head, I jammed the chunk of plastic into my mouth and squeezed the trigger, finally able to breathe again. The boy pushed his glasses up, and stood, stretching out a shaky hand. When I realized I was supposed to take it, I reached up and grabbed it, hauling myself up with his help. Letting go, I shyly introduced myself.
"I-uh, I'm Eddie."
"I'm Richie." He blurted, his cheeks flushing red. The tall boy I had recognized earlier ran out of the classroom with another curly-haired one.
"Dude! W-Why did you p-push me?!" The tall one struggled to yell.
"Oh, sorry. You were in my way." Richie shrugged.
"Hi, I'm Stanley. You can call me Stan." The shorter boy squeaked.
"B-Bill." The tall one stuttered. We all smiled, and I just knew the start of a great friendship had bursted, even if we didn't meet in the best circumstances.