Even Angels Die [Reddie]

Warning: Depressing
Eddie's POV
"Hey, can we go to your house this time?" I asked as Richie and I unlocked our bikes. He hesitated. "Why?" I shrugged. "I don't know, I'm getting tired of mine." He stepped over his bike. "Well... ok." I was confused. Why was he so touchy on the subject?

We rode for awhile until we passed my neighborhood into a more broken-down one. I looked around, unfamiliar with the scenery. He stopped in front of a faded red brick house. I swung my leg over the side and yanked my handlebars to the right, skidding to a stop. Richie let go of his bike and waited for me to do the same. I placed it mine down and looked up at the small building. Getting nervous, I bit my lip and wandered over to him. I looked at him in concern as his sweaty palm grasped mine. He took a deep breath and lead me inside.

It was dark and gloomy, broken beer bottles scattered everywhere among food scraps and dirty laundry. My face scrunched up from the putrid smell. He continued upstairs, still not saying a word as he hopped over random piles. When we finally reached his room, he locked the doors and pulled a chair under the doorknob. I backed up against the wall, frightened for no apparent reason. Looking around, my jaw dropped. This was the only decent place in the house from what I had seen. "Rich, I-I'm so sorry. I had no idea." He looked down at the molding floorboards. "Yeah, you didn't." He shook his head and grinned. "Didn't expect a bad boy's room to be squeaky clean, now did you?" I could tell this was an act, but I went along. "No, I imagined corpses laying around and flies buzzing over their rotting bodies."

A crash came from downstairs, and he nearly jumped out of his skin. Now I was really worried. He placed a finger to my lips. "Richie Tozier!" I heard  someone yell faintly. "Get your ass over here!" The color in his face drained, and all the remaining happiness inside him seemed to as well. He turned around slowly, and removed the chair with no noise at all. Unlocking the door, he glanced back at me, terrified, and proceeded forward. I wanted to stop him, to run after him and rescue him, but I was petrified. Yet another loud crash, but this one came with a yelp. "I'm sorry, dad!" I heard Richie cry out. Tears started to stream down my face, but I still couldn't move. "You'd better be! Now I don't want to see your face any longer! Go wish you had never been born!"

I heard quick footsteps up the stairs and Richie returned, limping this time. Locking the door once more, he ran to the window and struggled to open it. When he did, he pushed me halfway out. I looked at him, scared he might break. "Might wanna get outta here, Dr. K." He smiled weakly. I grabbed his shirt, one foot out of the window. "No, not without you."

Love you all! Thanks for reading this trash xo