The untold story of our love [Stenbrough]

Bill's POV
I lifted Bev up on my shoulders and stood opposite Ben, who had Richie on his. Standing my ground, I grabbed her calves, making sure she wouldn't fall off. She reached out at Richie and seized his shoulders, taking him by surprise. He yelped and struggled for freedom, but she was overpowering him. Just a few feet away Stanley was wrestling with Eddie, splashing water meters into the air. He had the small boy in a headlock, trying to hold him still. "Five, four, three, two, one! I win!" He exclaimed, finally releasing him. "Not.... Fair.... Stan..." Eddie gasped as he made his way to land. He started fumbling around for his inhaler, and I turned back to Stan. He flipped his hair back and shifted in my direction. He must've noticed I was staring, because he suddenly grinned. "Why don't you take a picture, pretty boy?" Pretty boy. I felt my face burn a deep shade of red. He chuckled, and looked down at the shimmering water.

This cycle had gone on for hours, until the sun barely peeked out from the trees. Richie was sitting on a log, patting Eddie's back as he continued wheezing. Beverly was in deep conversation with Ben about poetry and what not. As for me, I slipped on my shorts and t-shirt and waited for the others. Meanwhile, Stanley was coming out of the water, once again flipping his hair. He could be in one of those slow motion commercials advertising hair products, because he was just so damn beautiful. I got up and made my way over to Silver. Grabbing the handlebars, I turned back and focused my gaze on the peach-violet swirl in the sky, trying not to look at Stanley. "Alright, Dr. K, fix yourself up. Chop chop, curfew is getting in the nearer." Richie mused to Eddie in a terrible British accent. He groaned. "Would you stop that!"

Ben stood up and brushed himself off, offering a hand to Beverly. She looked at me nervously, as if I would care. They all walked over to me and got on their bikes. All of them except for Stanley. "Hey, S-Stan, you c-c-coming?" He looked back at the sunset, refusing to look at me. "Yeah, yeah, one second." I raised my eyebrows. "G-Go on h-h-home guys, I-I'll handle this." I whispered to the losers. "Be gentle, you don't want to hurt the wuss." Richie pretended to sympathize. I glared at him. "Fine, fine, we're going." I looked back at Stan while the others rode away. Taking a deep breath, I stepped off of Silver and jogged over to him.

"Who am I to you?" He asked abruptly. "Uh," The question caught me off guard. "Y-You're my b-best friend, but y-you knew th-that already." He sighed. "No, I know, but am I anything else?" My heart pounded. "N-Not unl-less you w-want me to b-be." He whirled around and looked me up and down. I could feel my cheeks burning again. "And what if I do?" He asked quietly. My eyes widened. Is this a dream? I pinched myself. Ouch! Nope, not a dream. He noticed and laughed awkwardly.

"T-Then, just l-let me know." I stuttered, and looked back at my bike. Stanley didn't say anything. Feeling embarrassed, I pivoted and ran over to Silver for the second time. As I was about to step on the pedal, I heard him call "I will!"

And with that, I smiled and sped away.

omg tysm for over 100 reads! We love y'all sm, stay amazing and have a great day!