Georgie [Stenbrough]

(3rd Person POV):

Bill lay on his bed, motionless and numb. His younger brother, Georgie, was gone. Gone forever? Maybe. He wasn't dead, he couldn't be. He just couldn't. Bill imagined Georgie's hateful sentences. "You didn't save me, Billie!" "I hate you!" "Why Billie, why?!"

"Bill?" A new voice entered his head. And yet, it sounded so real. He turned his head to face the door, and found his curly-haired friend.

"Hi Stan." Bill said, emotionless. He looked out the window, hiding the fact he had been crying. Stanley's heart sank when he saw his crush/best friend in so much pain. His stomach churned. He couldn't let him suffer like this. Stan walked over to Bill. He sat next to him on his bed.

They were quiet for the following minutes, until one of them spoke up.

"I'm sorry." Stan muttered. Bill kept his position of staring out the window. Stan looked over at the taller boy. Bill was biting his lip intensely, until he tasted blood. His breathing became uneven. Suddenly, a sob escaped Bill's lips. Stan's arm quickly slid around Bill's shoulders.

"I c-could've s-saved hi-him. I-It's all m-my fau-fault." His stutter grew worse as he choked back his feelings the best he could. It wasn't working very well, and Stan knew. "Bill, no. You can't do this to yourself. It's not fair." Bill turned to him.

"Y-You know w-what's unfair? I should've b-been the o-one to go mi-missing! Not h-him! Not G-Georgie! He-He would've b-b-been fine, my p-p-parents would've b-been fine, you, wou-would've b-been f-fine!" That was it. He had had enough. Stan sprung up and whirled around so quickly it threw Bill off his frantic rage. "Bill I swear don't you dare say that! Georgie would be heartbroken, your parents would be heartbroken, and me? Oh, don't even get me started. I wouldn't last a gawd-damn day without you! You're my whole world! I love you, you fucking idiot!" He screamed. Good thing Bill's parents weren't home. Stanley gasped, clasping a hand over his mouth.

Bill's jaw dropped, his tears dry. "S-Stan-" Bill started, but he interrupted him. "No, I-I'm sorry. This was supposed to be about you, I was supposed to comfort you, I'm sorry Bill, I should go." Stan turned, but Bill grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. "N-No, i-it's ok. I-It's m-more than ok." Stanley's innocent eyes widened as Bill stood up slowly.

"I-I lo-love you, too, S-Stan." Bill said, blushing a mad shade of red. Stanley gently lifted Bill's chin so they were eye to eye. "No matter what happens, I'll always be here for you, Bill Denbrough." Wiping the blood off of Bill's lips with his thumb, he leaned in slowly until their faces were less than inches apart. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he placed his lips on his soft ones. After a few seconds, he pulled back and stood there, waiting for a reaction. The depressed seaweed-eyed boy managed a sweet smile. All he needed right now was his brilliant, handsome, wild best friend that stared right back at him, and he would be just fine.