You Deserve to Know [Reddie]

Richie's POV
"Hey, Richie, sign my yearbook?" The new kid asked. Ben, his name is Ben, I said to myself. I shook my head and glanced down at the thin picture book in front of me, a black pen resting on top. "Sure." Shrugging, I picked up the pen and scribbled my named down in a writing I couldn't even read. "Thanks!" He grinned, and turned, probably looking for Beverly. He was too late, though, because she had been working on Bill's yearbook for half an hour, probably covering up the whole damn page.

As for me, many people had offered to sign mine, but I had refused, keeping in mind the fact that Eddie wanted all three pages to himself. I sighed and sank into the bench behind me, scanning the front field for my best friend.

Suddenly, my vision became dark as two hands covered my eyes. I shivered, and butterflies fluttered around my stomach. Only one person could give me that feeling. "Hiya, Eds!" He groaned. "I told you a million times, don't call me that!" My vision returned as he flopped down beside me. I took off my glasses and rubbed my shirt against the lenses. Usually I freak out when people touch my glasses, but this was Eddie. If he asked me to jump off a cliff, I'd just have to.

"Did anyone sign yours yet?" He asked. "Nope, all yours." I replied, placing my glasses back where they belonged. He beamed, and grabbed my yearbook, taking out a pen. I leaned back and closed my eyes, starting to daydream. About fifteen minutes later, I heard his pen click, and bolted upright. "Shoot, Richie, didn't mean to scare you." I lifted my glasses and rubbed my eyes, turning to him. "No no, you didn't, it's fine." His sweet eyes were just too much to handle. "Hey uh, Eddie? Can I talk to you?" He looked up at me. "Sure, what is it?" I glanced around. "I mean, alone?" He looked concerned. "Ok..."

When we had reached an empty space, I took a deep breath. "Ok, you're worrying me." I smirked. "Your mom worries me, with all her pills and her big ass-" Eddie rolled his eyes. "Beep beep, Richie."

Seeing a pebble at my feet, I kicked it around aimlessly. "I need to tell you something." I murmured. "...Why?" He hesitated. My eyebrows furrowed. "Because you deserve to know, you little dipshit!" I scolded, punching him in the arm. "Gee, thanks Rich." He frowned, wincing. Ok, here goes.

"Well, I know you're going away this summer -and thank gawd you are-" I teased, "I wanna give you something to remember me by." He puffed. "Oh come on Richie, I told you, no more games. If my mom finds me in a different state that I'm in now, she'll kill me!" I laughed, but that was only because of how insanely nervous I felt. Shaking, I stared into his eyes, and then traveled down to his lips. I could feel a rush of adrenaline, until I couldn't restrain myself. Grabbing his waist, I yanked him towards me. "Richie, what the fuck-" Not waiting for a reaction, I shut him up by slamming my lips against his. He struggled for a moment, until he finally gave in and stopped. I pulled away and before he could react, I sprinted. I guess I'll never know what he really felt until August, but it definitely was worth it.