Detention [Reddie]

heads up: changing the cover (just so u know)
Richie's POV
I sat at the same old desk I had been sitting in since 1st grade. The detention desk. Smiling while lightly tapping a pencil to my mouth, I thought of Eddie. What was he doing right now? Probably something annoying.

My eyelids started to become heavy when somebody burst through the door. I looked up and saw Eddie standing there, covered in sweat. Blood dripped from a small gash in his forehead and he wiped more from his nose. He frowned and stomped to the desk beside me, sinking into it. Lifting my glasses to rub my eyes, I dropped my jaw and stared at him.

"Don't be surprised, four-eyes." He rolled his eyes and I teased, "Eddie Spaghetti, bad boy at last." Eddie turned to me. "Oh, is it only you who's allowed to get in trouble? Never me?" I shrugged. "Pretty much."

Leaning back, he grunted and tried to kick me, but his legs couldn't reach far enough. "So d'you get in a fight or somethin'?" He gestured to his head and mocked sarcastically, "What does it look like dumbass? It's not like I shouldn't fight back." "No, no, you know what I meant. I'm proud of you Eds. This is a celebratory moment for you."

His facial expression darkened, but he wasn't mad. "Shut up, asshole." I lifted my hands up in surrender. "Sorry Dr. K, like I said, I'm proud of my wittle bubba." He punched my arm. "Don't call me that!" I grinned and the bell rang, piercing our ears with the most wanted sound of the day. The end of school.

We walked out onto the sidewalk in front of the parking lot and he crossed his arms as everyone started to stare at him. I beamed down and him and reached out, pinching his cheeks. "Cute, cute, cute!" I pestered.

"Richie!" He smacked my hand turned away, but I knew he was smiling.