I Can't Help But Love You [Stenbrough]

Bill's POV
I shifted on the stump I was seated on and looked around at my fellow Losers. Richie was waving a mud-covered stick in Eddie's face, making him gag. Mike was looking over Ben's shoulder as he wrote rhyming sentences down on a random piece of paper. Beverly fidgeted with her bracelets and my gaze drifted over to Stanley, giggling as he played with his hair.

It was silent except for Eddie's complaints, so I kept on staring. He looked up and his eyes made contact with mine. His smile faded and I blushed, looking away. Stop it, Bill. Stop it.

"I told you, Richie! Ugh!" Eddie yelled angrily, jumping to his feet and wiping mud from his cheek. "Sorry guys, I gotta go home." I turned my head and squinted at the bright sun, still hanging high above the horizon. I heard Ben's voice behind me. "Oh yea, Mike, Bev and I have plans. See you guys later."

"Yeah." Stan mumbled. I heard leaves crunch away and stood up, slowly stepping down the hill. My ears started ringing as I trudged into the shallow water of the barrens, not worrying about getting wet. You're just being stupid. You have absolutely no feelings for Stanley. He's your best friend, and nothing more.

Was that true? Was it? I looked down at the shiny water, a thin layer of leaves covering it. A wave of emotions started to wash over me. "Oh g-gawd, not n-now." I sat down on a log at the edge of the small stream and buried my face in my palms. My thoughts traveled back to Georgie. No, no please don't go there. That was years ago. I started to shake when an arm slid protectively across my back to my shoulder, and I looked up.

The caring, handsome face of my best friend stared into my eyes and he pushed the hair out of them. My cheeks flushed and I tried to speak, but my throat closed up. I turned to him and obscured my tear stricken face in his chest.

He placed his lips on my head and held me securely in his warmth. He didn't have to say a word, but I had never felt so happy. And that was it. In that moment, I didn't have to pretend that I couldn't help but love Stanley Uris.

depressed and gay are the two words that describe me (larissa)

idk about paige but i'm pretty sure it's something around there.