The Jester and the Vassal [Reddie]

"I-I'm sorry, Richie, but I don't think we're gonna work out. It's just too much." Eddie said, tears streaming down his face. I held my breath and didn't say a word, knowing that if I opened my mouth I would burst. I didn't know what to feel. He ran out of the empty classroom we were in and I reached out my hand weakly, as if that would help.

After I heard the door slam, my vision blurred and I just stood there. Time passed by, but I couldn't tell how much had passed. I came back into realization for a moment and looked at the floor, dropping my arm. Still refusing to blink, I drew in small, unnoticeable breaths, digging my nails into my palms. All this work just to not cry.

My head jerked up when Beverly exploded through the door, scanning the room frantically for something. Her eyes landed on me and then narrowed. I raised my eyebrows and she stomped over to me. "Do you think we're we're gonna let you two give up just like that?" Beverly grabbed my wrists tightly and dragged me out of the classroom, revealing Bill and Ben holding Eddie around the corner. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him, like it always does. He was trying to kick them, but he was too small and I once again melted.

Shaking my head, I started to strain against Beverly, twisting my hands so I could get free just as two arms hooked underneath mine. I sighed as they held me upright and still. Mike. Looking back at Eddie, I noticed him staring at the floor, having stopped struggling.

Stanley walked out with a clipboard and pencil behind his ear. "We have brought you here today to solve a recent conflict between you two, and fair warning, we are not letting you go until you make up. We'll be here all night if we have to." "But my mom-!" Eddie began. "Screw your mom!" Stanley snapped. I rolled my eyes and sank back against Mike's chest, prepared for the usual. Eddie squeezed his eyes shut and muttered to himself.

"Okay guys, come on, is this really necessary?" I chimed in and he looked up at me. Our eyes met and I bit my lip to keep from breaking down. "Of course it is. You two are meant for each other." Beverly hummed cheerfully. Stanley took the pencil from his ear and but the eraser, staring up at the ceiling. "So, what exactly happened?"

                                 ~~~~~~~~

This went on for hours until they all passed out. Well, almost all. I stood up and stretched my arms, yawning, and glanced at all their sleeping faces. All except Eddie's. I couldn't find him anywhere. Turning around, I saw a small figure curled up at the end of the hallway. As I walked closer, I saw the familiar shiny hair I used to love to run my fingers through.

I knelt down and touched his back lightly. He jumped and lifted his head. "Sorry." I muttered, keeping my palm on his back. He didn't seem to mind. Eddie looked up at me, tears streaming down his face again. "I'm really sorry Richie, I was overwhelmed, what with everything going on and-" I shook my head and held up my hand.

There was nothing I had to say to him, so I scooted back against the wall and beckoned for him to lay in my lap. He did and I felt his warmth transfer into my body. We could work it out tomorrow, but today, all I wanted was Eddie Kaspbrak in my arms.

sorry for the long chapter dudes
\_(•-•)_/
more reads yayyyyyyy