삼십 오 : the last time.

Know this: I am addicted to you. I have tasted your mind, and I cannot forget its flavour.

_______________________________________

tik tik tik tik...

You watched intently as Hyuna's manicured nails elegantly tapped on the screen, her fingers swiftly moving from key to key. It had been 20 minutes since she started writing, and her eyebrows started to furrow together in concentration.

"What is it, an email or history essay?"  you blinked sleepily, slumping down onto the table.

"shut up and wait if you want me to kick his ass. Patience is the virtue, grasshopper." Hyuna whispers back, before turning to focus on her phone again.

Hyuna was exactly like this. She's unapologetic for the right things, yet incredibly sympathetic to the ones she holds dear. You've admired her persona for a long time.

From the first time you met her, it felt as if she already knew everything about you.

<FLASHBACK>

"just remember! Why can't you just remember?!"  The piano teacher rubbed her shoulders in frustration, throwing the music sheets down to the floor in rage.

Aeri stood there, frozen in a spot. Her head was hung down, hands tightly locked behind her back. Her eyes witnessed the scattered sheets on the floor, each one marked with the notes she's written.

"This is infuriating..." the teacher wipes off the sweat that trickled down her forehead, obviously upset that the girl wasn't able to play as well as before.

When she turned to leave, Aeri curled up into a ball in the corner of the room, sobbing quietly to ease the fear in her heart.

"I admire you." a voice said, a voice that was filled with maturity despite the childlike tone that is her voice.

"I admire you, Aeri."

The crying girl glances up slowly, her vision blurring from the amount of tears that threatened to fall.

"I admire you, for being brave. For accepting the strangers you see when you awoke as your parents, for agreeing to learn the piano when the keys look foreign. I admire you for trying your very best to make sense of the new world, and I admire you very much."

The girl in front of Aeri smiles sweetly, her eyes full of warmth and care. And for the first time, Aeri felt like she belonged.

"My name is Hyuna." the girl says, squatting down opposite her.

"And I'll be your friend."

_______________________________________

<YOUR POV>