종악장 pt 1 : apart

"You can love someone that much....but you'll never love someone as much as you can miss them."

_____________________________________

<AERI POV>

"I'll always be thinking of you."

His voice was like a torturous cycle, the words so bitter yet so sweet. It had nearly been two weeks since I had last seen his face, or even touch him like I always could.

All this time, I stayed in Hyuna's residence. It was unusual at first, the hospitality I was treated with, and the warm dishes served to me on silverware probably worth more than my entire life fortune. Eating used to be enjoyable, but is now a chore, a necessity. A lonesome pasttime I had to get over and done with, because when I ate, I ate alone.

"I'm not hungry..." I informed the maid in a slurred voice. She observes the expression on my face and the way too evident dark circles surrounding my eyes. Luckily for me, I am left alone in respect as I turned over to the other side and curled up into a ball under the blanket.

Hyuna would occasionally visit me, but she was swamped with work from her father's business. Not to mention, the added burden she had resolving my case - but she insisted she wanted to do it for me.

______________________________________

<HYUNA'S POV>

"Thank you for the footage." I bowed deeply to the man behind the counter, which seems to be troubled by it.

"It's fine, really. I am absolutely ashamed that there's a case of spiking drinks in my business at all...." He wears a apologetic expression, his eyebrows knotted together. "I hope this is of use."

"Definitely." a satisfied smile creeped up my lips as I witnessed the very scene with my eyes, the monitor showing a slightly blurry footage, but enough to prove it's worth.

With the evidence in hand, I was able to make arrangements in a short span of 3 days. I spent everything needed on the totally existant budget as if it was monopoly money. I wanted to kick their asses so bad they can't even sit properly anymore.

I even had legal work done, a lawyer to back me up in any case of endless bullshitting from their side. It was surprisingly pleasant to receive news of three individuals punished accordingly by law - Han Jaewon, Jung Eunha, Park Aejung.

[FLASHBACK]

"The deeds you've done are punishable by crime. You don't have a say." The lawyer pushes the documents over to Jaewon, who was filled with pented frustration.