Chapter 1 The Return of Percy Jackson

Location: New York

Two miles outside of Camp Half Blood.

The sounds of footsteps and the barking of wolves was all that Percy could hear as he ran. Ran as fast as he could. He didn't know where he was running to, only whom he's running from. Never would he imagine that this would be his destiny. That this would be his reality.

He is targeted as the single most threat to human life. And on the order of Olympus, he is to be killed on sight.

He ran. He ran as fast as he could. He didn't get far before he could hear the silver wolves growling far behind him. Not only, but he knew who else was with that hunting party. Piper. Frank. Hazel. Leo. Nico. Jason.

Annabeth. They all were after him. And he has no choice but to run. Run or die.

He tripped over a log and stumbled down a trench. He got on his knees painfully, but before he could even fully look up, he heard the grinding sound of an unsheathing blade. He slowly looked up to see her staring down at him, tears streaming down her face. She clutched her dagger in her own trembling hand.

"A-Annabeth," he said in a shaky voice. She couldn't look at him. She was looking down at the ground, clutching her teeth. He backed away slowly, looking at the blade she was holding. The blade that killed countless monsters, was now aimed at him.

"Annabeth, please, don't do this," he pleaded.

"Shut up!" She yelled, looking up at him, her eyes red from crying. "Just go. Please, run and never come back, before I change my mind."

"A-Annabeth?" He asked once again, denying that this was real.

"Run," she yelled again and slashed his forearm. It was a small cut, but blood still seeped from the wound and fell to the forest floor. He immediately fell back and clutched his wound. She looked up at him, painful anger on her face.

"Run," she growled. "And don't come back."

He stared at her, looking for pity, but she kept her emotions of guilt closed off from him. He picked himself up, and with tears streaming down his face even stronger than before, he ran. Ran and ran. Soon, even the bays of the silver wolves died down. And once he ran out of energy, he collapsed, sobbing quietly to himself, pounding his fist into the ground. How did it get to this? What led him to such a path?

"What now?" He hears the voice above him. He slowly looked up, and stared in disbelief at who was before him. Zoë Nightshade, fully alive. Standing before him. And beside her, someone even more impossible.

The man crouched down and held out his hand. "What now, Perseus Jackson? Are you gonna sit there, and let the Olympians dictate who you are? You are no monster. And with our help. . ."

Ryan Pesmenos smiled kindly at him. " . . . you can make things right again."

(21 years later . . .)

I can't remember the last time I looked at anything so peaceful. It's been an awfully long time since the day I was banished, that I felt out of place looking at this place with any familiarity. But here I was, gazing at the camp that had been my home for such a long time. Never have I ever felt such little about this place like now. It was an empty feeling that I wished I didn't feel.

"Don't tell me you have second thoughts," I heard the voice of a man as he slowly descended, with great black wings, at my side. As soon as he touched ground, those wings disappeared. It wasn't attached to his body, but a spell he can use. He called them the wings of Thanatos. His name was Ryan Pesmenos.

In tow with him was Zoë.

Never would I have ever thought to see her again. Not since Artemis made her a constellation. But in reality, she faked her death, and had been working for the Olympians from the shadows. I don't know how to describe their dynamic.