Chapter 5 Chain of Chaos

Annebeth and the others all fell at the same time suddenly onto a tiled white floor. Contorting in pain on the floor, the pain was unbelievable. They felt the very being of themselves being savagely ripped from their bodies. Rachel tried to help them the best they could, but she had no idea what was happening. A few minutes later the pain subsided and a few more after that they could barely stand.

"What was that?" Frank asked. "It felt like someone dipped me in lava."

"It was . . ." Annebeth thought for a moment panting as her nerves reeled in from the experience. "Excruciating. Yeah. What just happened to us?"

"Let's worry about that after we save the world," Hazel said as she stood. "Now, have you had any prophecies lately Rachel?"

"If you are determined enough to push this behind . . ." She thought for a moment. "No. Not that I know of. But, I got to show you guys something really weird."

She leads them into an art studio. She had inherited her parents' riches and is the CEO of the company. She also started a few art studios around the world. She had become a very successful philanthropist in the process.

From a side closet filled with blank canvasses, She took out seven, each with a detailed drawing of something. The first looked like several people in a cave, fighting two fire breathing dragons. Another showed a battle. Two people fighting those in armor. Another showed a giant curled up, chains holding his arms and legs, but it was rising. Another showed Leo, Jason, and Piper traveling through a forest with a figure closing in behind them. Another showed a small figure holding up the sky. Then a sword fight between two people with no faces. And the last one showed all of them defeated, most lying lifeless with Annebeth reaching her hand out towards Percy, who held two swords and was facing a mysterious shadow, his face contorted with anger.

"I drew all of these last night, while I was sleeping. Almost like that time when I first became a full prophet you know?"

"And they do not look good," Frank observed. "Especially the last one. I missed it when they were a little more cryptic."

"We are supposed to be looking for something," Annebeth told her. "Are you sure that this was all you had visions of?"

Rachel thought for a little longer, and then it hit her. She ran and then came back with a small napkin covered with jelly. But if you looked close enough . . .

"The sword," Annebeth said. "I know it. That's, that's my cousin's. He found that years ago."

"The Sword of Summer," Rachel read the little note on the bottom covered in grape jelly.

"I had no idea what it was," Rachel said. "I had that one twenty years ago."

"Twenty?" Annebeth asked. "That was about the time Ryan came to this world. Wait, you kept it?"

"A lot of weird things were happening then," Rachel said. "Anyway, where does your cousin keeps the blade now, Annebeth? Of course, I only received news in cryptic messages from the spirit most of the time. I can not tell exactly where you should be headed."

Annebeth sighed. "I honestly don't know. He was seriously attached to that thing. But no telling where it is now. Demigods can lose things quickly."

"Then we can ask him," Hazel said. "We can ask him where the sword is."

"It's not that simple," she said. "Magnus died, but since he is Norse warrior, he had gone to Valhalla. And that place isn't exactly a hop, skip and a jump. Especially for us Olympians. But he disappeared a few years ago when we . . ."

She stopped herself as some bad memories resurfaced.

Suddenly, the room darkened and then Ryan jumped from the shadows as a black magic circle appeared behind him. He had on the same clothes. But now he was holding a staff made of pure gold. Something about the staff made her feel uneasy and dizzy as if she was being spun in a room filled with mirrors. He twirled it in his hands, smiling mischeviously