Chapter 20 Don't get him upset

"Ah man this is awesome!" Luke squealed. "I always wanted to ride in a helicopter."

"What makes it so appealing to you?" Piper asked.

"I don't know," he said. "I am the most army fan out there. Helicopters can have the most jobs in missions. And I like that one movie when they yell "get to the choppa!" So I naturally love helicopters."

"Yep," Frank said. "You're definitely a fan."

"Alright then," Luke said. "Fell and Faye are said to be in the amazon. Let's keep a low profile. They are forest mages. Who knows how many eyes they have in the forest."

Frank nodded. "I will stay as an eagle and survey from above. I will call to you once I got a read on their location."

Luke gave him the thumbs up. "Go for it."

Frank jumped out of the plane. Once he was at a safe distance he turned into an eagle and began gliding low to the treetops.

Luke turned to Piper. "We are on the ground. Once we spotted Faye and Fell, fire a flare and Frank will spot us and come immediately. But we will immediately have to attack."

"That's the plan we're going with?" Piper asked.

Luke looked hurt. "I have you know I put a lot thought into it. Now respect my craft. We are almost there. We don't want to get spotted too early."

"Alright fine," she jumped out of the helicopter. "What got you all worked up?"

Luke dropped after her
"I heard that McLame."

Piper casted a small tornado to surround them and they both landed safely to the ground. Even using smaller scaled magic such as that worn her out easily. Diana, the godslayer of magic, had told her that she didn't have the physical prowess to do such magic, and should stick to more support magic.

"Keep your eyes open," Luke said. "If these twins are servants of Ryan, they must be exceptionally strong."

"Don't get excited," Piper said. "Just stick to the plan that Annebeth gave us and we will be able to make it through all this alive."

Luke nodded. "Let's begin. Maxx sensed them in the north. We'll head that way."

They began running towards the north. The Amazon seemed thicker than the last time Piper had been here. The trees seemed taller and all around thicker. More insects buzzed around, and the canopy blocked out most of the light, giving the scene a whole sunset theme. It smelled like fresh cider and honey. Luke and Piper can feel the warmth from not only the sun, but also the trees themselves.

Luke listened carefully for anything that came up weird. But the sounds of the bugs seemed to tune out his sense of hearing. He stopped, and Piper stopped as well.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Something is off," he said. "My hearing is being interfered with somehow."

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"My Hearing. Exceed even the greatest of beast. But the bugs, everytime I try to listen out the buzzing rises."

"I don't here anything," Piper said.

Luke looked at her, thoughtful. "You don't huh? Then they are purposely countering my senses with the nature magic."

"That is a possibility." Piper said. "They must know we are already here."

"But we have no chose but to bide our time and keep looking."
He gathered energy from around him. The grass wilted beneath his feet and turned to brown, crumbling dust.